Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HELP-Stoker is Missing AC Adapter

Options
pileit1971
pileit1971 Posts: 136
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I like my tech toys, but can't put stuff together..

I received my Stoker system today, but there was no AC adapter to plug it in...

It says on the back 5 Volts 2 Amps near power cord plug in... is this a cord that is normally pretty standard that I could go to Radio shack and purchase?

Thanks!
Large BGE
Camp Chef 4 burner Griddle

Near Cleveland, Ohio

Comments

• BakerMan
    Options

I would contact the vendor but I'm sure you want to get cookin'

Radio Shack sells a universal adapter with multiple plugs and voltage ranges.  You need to be aware of the polarity of the plug you are using.  I am assuming it is a small round plug like most external power supplies.  There should be a small diagram next to plug that show whether the center is positive or negative.  One other thing to be aware of is the amperage rating.  Yours says 2 amps so you will need a beefy universal adapter that is rated at 2 amps (or more).  

HTH,

BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    5 volts if very common.  I have a huge drawer of old power supplies and wall-worts I use based on voltage and current.  Also, an old computer power supply puts out lots of 5 volt DC current.   Using a larger current supply is fine, but don't go smaller.  However, the Stoker is designed to run several fans - you probably can get away with a 200 mA for the electronics and whatever the fan is rated at - probably 500 mA for 10 cfm - just guessing, but it will say on the fan.

Yeah, contact them and they'll send you one.  But in a pinch.....
    Cool, thanks, I did end up going to Radio shack and the tech nerd :D set me up with a universal adapter for my FIRST all night cook...

Pictures and story time to follow her shortly in another thread...
    Large BGE
    Camp Chef 4 burner Griddle

Near Cleveland, Ohio