Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

advice on braised boneless pork ribs

Options
sweyers
sweyers Posts: 5
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have had my egg only a few weeks but love it. have cooked on it twenty times already. the online information is great for the beginner, but i cant find any info on braising boneless pork so thought i would throw it out and see if anyone has ideas. 

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    Don't know why you would want to braise them. You can do them low and slow as you would ribs. If you want a braised consistency do the 3- something - 1 method

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Im with Steven (so you know I'm not all there) but I'll
    Take it one step further...what is a boneless rib? Are you talking about "country style ribs" or the actual rib meat from a rack with the meat removed?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Options

C-T,

I feel all shoogily now

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I don't know what Shoogily is. Im not sure I want to. Do you do Shoogily low and slow or More like t Rex?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I love braised meat, especially short ribs - bone on or off.  Just another way of cooking, even though less egg-related than smoking/baking (unless you dutch oven it on the egg).  Can't say I've braised pork ribs before, and never had boneless pork ribs other than the McRibb (insert laughter here)....

it turned out great. ended up briasing the "counrty style pork" in OTC BBQ sauce deluted with apple cider, apple cider vinager and tap. stable 350 indirect for 41/2 hours in a covered roasting pan.

plated them over spaghetti. 16 of the 18 guest's enjoyed the whole meal. the last three, including myself, missed out on the salad and spaghetti. i tiold her to use both packs of noodles.