Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dessert Pizza on the Egg....PIC

Options
SMITTYtheSMOKER
SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

The  overwhelming favorite at our recent Pizza Class was this dessert pizza.  Nutella, bananas and coconut.

Give it a try.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Looks good, did you add and cinnamon/sugar to the dough?
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    No, same dough (no rise) that we used on the regular pizzas.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    My three year old grandson lives on Nutella, and he loves bananas, guess we will find out if he likes coconut. His name is Lorenzo, so pizza, any kind of pizza, is in his blood. 

Great idea - thanks for sharing!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Ok, we will try it next pizza party thanks!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    Smitty - looks good!! My GF really likes Nutella (I'm not a big fan), but since she likes it, will probably give it a shot. 

Stupid question though - I'm assuming you put the toppings on after, or at least at the tail end of the cook?  Cuz I'm thinking if you put Nutella on at the beginning & cooked it the entire length of time, you'd have one messy, oozy, melted syrupy mess!!
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    What is your recipe for 'no rise' dough? I've been proofing overnight and would love a last minute alternative.
    Options

Sorry I mis-spoke, it's "no Knead" dough.  Jim Lahey's "My Pizza" book was the source for the dough.

Yes, the dough was cooked naked and then toppings were applied and then melted in the cooker. 

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options
    I have done a ton of pizza parties, but have never finished them off with something this good.  Nice!!
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • ccpoulin1
    Options
    LOOKS AWESOME!  Maybe i will get time this weekend to try this!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• FanOfFanboys
    Options
    That looks tasty. Will be trying, minus the coconut. My wife uses cookie dough and I forget what she uses for 'sauce' but the tops with fruit ranging from strawberries, blackberries, etc. it's tasty.
    Boom
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Options
    Another great idea for dessert pizza is s'mores style...a little spread of Nutella and then pile on marshmallows...bake til gooey and marshmallows brown a little.
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options
    My family lobbied for pizza night tonight.  We will do four pizzas, three of which are dinner pies, and the last will be this dessert pizza.  Will post a photo. 
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Your dessert pizza looks awesome. Somehow I've never made a dessert pizza. Nor have I ever had Nutella. I think I picked it up once and looked at the calories and put it back down. What does it taste like?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Your dessert pizza looks awesome. Somehow I've never made a dessert pizza. Nor have I ever had Nutella. I think I picked it up once and looked at the calories and put it back down. What does it taste like?
    Nutella tastes like heaven!

Oh, and chocolate + hazelnut
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    That looks great.  At one of the fest last year a strawberry Nutella was served and it was delicious.  (and I am not a big Nutella fan)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Well, I like chocolate. Maybe its time I pick some up and see what all the buzz is about. Thanks @Eggcelsior

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings