Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

• Hey this is my plan on owning an egg! I am fired up about going. 
  • Holy crap, that's Egg-spensive!!! At the N. GA Eggfest back in May, the Large Demo Eggs were $599! I bought mine new from the local dealer and talked him down to $700 out the door, after tax. I thought the price was more consistent across the country.
    Athens, GA
  • Really? Dang man i thought that i was getting a good deal. My dealer here in West TN quoted me $800 for just the egg. Now I must shop around. 
  • I believe $800 is the standard list price for a large only. But, I haggled with the local dealer, explained I intended to buy one from the Eggfest, and asked him to match the price. Counting gas it would have taken to drive 4 hrs round trip, he did, after I agreed to buy any accessories I bought from him: plate setter, pizza stone, fish basket, etc. not bashing your local dealer at all...they're there to make money. But, I'd put a little work in trying to haggle on the price. Here is the link to the Ga Mtn Eggfest earlier this year:
    Athens, GA
  • LitLit Posts: 4,624
    The egging in the mountains price at $599 didn't include the nest or plate setter and I'm not sure if it included the ash tool or charcoal either. The eggtoberfest demo price is 7 something without the $60 platesetter. The price difference is not that much if you consider everything you get. I like how egging in the mountains lets you buy just the egg cause I have no need for a nest.
  • FxLynchFxLynch Posts: 433
    I got my large from my dealer for $799 assembled, plate setter, grill gripper, ash tool, BGE lump, one bottle of BGE Sweet Maple seasoning, and some fire starters.  These Eggfest prices just don't seem real cheap to me.  This was without me haggling, I just called to see if they had a large, and drove right over and bought it.  However this is in Mid Missouri, I'm assuming prices vary quite a bit.
  • Hoppy & HoppetteHoppy & Hoppette Posts: 38
    edited September 2012
    If I'm not mistaken, this years demo's at the GA fest are $725.00 which includes a large egg, nest, 20 # lump, fire starters, taxes, and tools (gripper and ash tool) needed to use the egg after the show.
  • I bought two demos. A large for $500 and a medium for $300.
    Large, Medium

Heflin, AL