Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Try at Pizza

beteezbeteez Posts: 399
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
a smoked chicken & portabella pie. Used dough from Harris Teeter

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Looks good. What cheese did you use?
    Got a big bag of mozzarella from Costco
  • If you are into shredding your own cheese, Costco has a 2# loaf of Frigio mozzarella that is great on pizza.  
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • beteezbeteez Posts: 399
    Will do that in the future, for 1st attempt wanted to stay extremely simple on 1st cook, will definitely experiment more in the future

• DonWWDonWW Posts: 264
    Looks tasty.  Next time, try your own dough.  Super easy and you have the option of adding flavors.  I use the basic recipe from the BGE cookbook, but I add a decent dash of onion and garlic salt to the dough.  I have also added shredded Parmesan cheese to the dough right before cooking.
    XL BGE.  Dallas, Texas.