Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Try at Pizza

beteezbeteez Posts: 379
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
a smoked chicken & portabella pie. Used dough from Harris Teeter
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Looks good. What cheese did you use?
  • beteezbeteez Posts: 379
    Got a big bag of mozzarella from Costco
    ·
  • If you are into shredding your own cheese, Costco has a 2# loaf of Frigio mozzarella that is great on pizza.  
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • beteezbeteez Posts: 379
    Will do that in the future, for 1st attempt wanted to stay extremely simple on 1st cook, will definitely experiment more in the future

·
  • DonWWDonWW Posts: 261
    Looks tasty.  Next time, try your own dough.  Super easy and you have the option of adding flavors.  I use the basic recipe from the BGE cookbook, but I add a decent dash of onion and garlic salt to the dough.  I have also added shredded Parmesan cheese to the dough right before cooking.
    XL BGE.  Dallas, Texas.
    ·