Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Metal table not quite complete

MetalmakerMetalmaker Posts: 16
edited September 2012 in EGG Table Forum
Brand new egghead here. I got the LBGE about the last week of August and started building the table right away. I've always enjoyed working with metal so I made a steel tube frame with an elevated platform for the table nest to sit on. 5 inch locking casters underneath and stainless steel for the top. Cedar for the shelf on the bottom. now I need to figure a way to put some shelves or drawers to hold extra grids. platesetter, etc. Got the egg assembled and in the table the first week of September. In the short time I've been cooking on the egg, this forum has been a tremendous source of info. Thanks.
Cookin' outside in central Minnesota
·

Comments

• DonWWDonWW Posts: 258
    Very nice looking table.  That table top will certainly last a long time!  Welcome to the group.
    XL BGE.  Dallas, Texas.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,513
    Nice!

·
  • Nice looking Table MM. And Welcome. Keep Sharing with us. 
    ·
  • Great table.  i am envious of your metal working skills.
    ·
  • Wow,  that's nice.  The top would be easy to clean.  
    ·
  • Do you live in a somewhat secure neighborhood? Sure would hate for someone to swing by and wheel that thing off
    ·
  • Nice looking!  Welcome.  The experieince is awesome, and the people here are very helpful.

I just received my outdoor kitchen, and i will take and post pictures this weekend to post on a new thread! (i do not want to hijack you )

:\">

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

·
  •  

ajridge35 said:
    Do you live in a somewhat secure neighborhood? Sure would hate for someone to swing by and wheel that thing off

Thanks.

Each night just before bed I wheel it back into the garage. It's still warm at that time but not hot.

·
  • Very nice. Maybe a vertical rack might be a good way to store grill grates and platesetters.
    ·
  • A vertical rack.... Hmm... I like it. Now you've gotten my wheels turning. I think I can come up with something.
    ·