Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A killer spice blend and my cook!

Options
GreenEggAndMan
GreenEggAndMan Posts: 53
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
On Fridays the town that I live in (Lilburn,Ga.) holds a farmers market, and a couple of weeks back I stumbled upon a great seasoning and I just wanted to share. It's called Seasonest Seasoning Blend "Original", and boy is it tasty. I have added this to everything from pork chops, fish, veggies, etc. and I have not found one thing that it does not taste good on. This blend is a family recipe that is being carried on and sold by two women whose grandfather had originally come up with the recipe. I am not sure whether or not they have a website, but this Friday I will stop by and ask so that any of you who may be interested can purchase. If any of you stumble across this blend at a local Ga. farmers market I heavily suggest picking some up! Last nights pork chop dinner was seasoned with their rub and of course turned out to be another hit off of the egg! Our meal consisted of bone in pork chops with roasted corn and a tomato, cucumber, carrot, and apple salad with a balsamic country dressing along with a nice cold beverage. Here are the photos!

Comments

• GreenEggAndMan
    Options
    I have located the website, check em out!  http://www.seasonest.com/

Long live small business!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Can you describe the flavor profile a bit for us?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• GreenEggAndMan
    Options
    I'd say that this is a very balanced blend that consists of some truly fresh spices. There is a tiny hint of heat that compliments the other spices nicely, it is not one of those blends that are overly salty. Some of the ingredients are Celtic Sea Salt, Paprika, Garlic, Cayenne, and then it says spices. I would say that the overall flavor is probably more of a smokey mild flavor which compliments and allows for you to also be able to enjoy the flavor of the meat (which I believe is why we all have a big green egg) and the aroma is fresh and not overpowering. It's almost as you can taste it through the smell. I will update this thread later with a follow up synopsis, although I do believe it will be fairly similar to this post.