Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Patron Saint of BBQ

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,523
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
So as not to hijack Eggxtractor's Birthday thread, where I posted this as well, and since I thought this was cool, starting a new thread. Turns out BBQ has a patron Saint. Love the quote about turning me over, I'm done on this side. http://www.cbbqa.org/wiki/index.php?title=Saint_Lawrence_-_The_Patron_Saint_of_Barbecue

Comments

• Wow, what a cruel punishment! Thanks for the share.

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,368
    Not sure what I think?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Do not mix BBQ with religion.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!

Whoa! BBQ is a religion....
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!

Per the article about 1,755 years late
    Boom
  • My vote would go to Noah. After The Flood was over, he held a BBQ for God.

Tim
  • ratcheer said:
    My vote would go to Noah. After The Flood was over, he held a BBQ for God.

Tim
    I'll check but as I recall the first thing he did was to plant a vinyard and get drunk.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Yeah right, William Wallace actually screamed "Freedom" whilst being drawn and quartered

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Nah, BBQ isn't a religion. It's a cult....
    LBGE
  • ratcheer said:

Tim
    I'll check but as I recall the first thing he did was to plant a vinyard and get drunk.

20 Then Noah built an altar to the Lord and, taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it. 21 The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of human beings, even thougha]">[a] every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done. - Genesis 8

• ratcheer said:
    ratcheer said:

Tim

20 Then Noah built an altar to the Lord and, taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it. 21 The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of human beings, even though[a] every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done. - Genesis 8

Can you imagine how pissed off those animals were that made the trip, thought they were being set free then....wha?..................Noah, why me? I mean there is a perfectly good giraffe right there....................I just wanna go free.....dang........
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling