Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Italians do not know how to cook pizzas

Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I've had 4 pizzas. None have had basil, oregano, garlic, fennel or any other herb or spice. Just tomato paste, cheese, and whatever topping. I spoke to an Italian who speaks perfect English. He said Americans and Canadians make far better pizzas. Imagine if they could eat one from a BGE ! Ciao

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Gateway to the Hill Country

·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    :)) Sorry that you aren't getting good pizza. Try whatever is their local specialty. Hope you are having fun in Italy. Can't wait to see some pics.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • It's good to know we do something right.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Ask him where in Canada, specifically, Toronto can I find a better pizza than the ones I had in Naples. I'd love to know.
    ·
  • BjorgBjorg Posts: 237
    Dante, try this place:  http://pizzerialibretto.com/

Only Naple certified pizza in Canada. I looooooved it. 
    Quebec - Canada
    ·
  • Ask him where in Canada, specifically, Toronto can I find a better pizza than the ones I had in Naples. I'd love to know.
    Last summer hit this spot, that do have some authentic Italian style pizza - but if that's all they offered, the owner told us they would be out of business. 
    I recall my parents visiting Italy, complained the food, although very good, did not fit their idea of what they were used to as Italian, seemed quite bland. No doubt our north american pizza is localized. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    Pic of the Libretto pizza I had. image
    IMG_0146.JPG 629.9K
    Quebec - Canada
    ·
    Quebec - Canada
    ·
  • Sad, but true.  But I've had a kick-butt Carbonara and all'Amatriciana!  Where in Italy are you?
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • Pizza is what you make it.  Real Italians think American pizza is crap anyway.  Its all good, some are just way better!

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    edited September 2012
    Sad, but true.  But I've had a kick-butt Carbonara and all'Amatriciana!  Where in Italy are you?
    We are in Matera now. Have been to Ostuni, Cisternino, Abellobella (sp?). Going to Paestum next, then Sorrento. Will take half day cooking class in Sorrento. Thanks for the tip on carbonara. On my short list for Sorrento. Sounds yummy ! I'm driving an Alfa Romero Mito which makes driving fun.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • Pizza is what you make it.  Real Italians think American pizza is crap anyway.  Its all good, some are just way better!
    Sam, don't get me wrong. I haven't thrown any of it away. :))

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·

• Sad, but true.  But I've had a kick-butt Carbonara and all'Amatriciana!  Where in Italy are you?
    We are in Matera now. Have been to Ostuni, Cisternino, Abellobella (sp?). Going to Paestum next, then Sorrento. Will take half day cooking class in Sorrento. Thanks for the tip on carbonara. On my short list for Sorrento. Sounds yummy !
    Wow...  Sounds like an incredible trip!  I can't wait to see pictures & hear about the cooking class in Sorrento!  
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • OI lived in Naples for two years. Traveled all over. Matera location used in 'Passiona of the Christ'. The Amalfi coast in an Alfa? had a BMW, a very fun drive. Capri is nice. My first Egg pizza was similar to the ones at our favorite trattoria. Love at 1st bite! Enjoy it all. I also make a very good Carbonnara.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
  • OI lived in Naples for two years. Traveled all over. Matera location used in 'Passiona of the Christ'. The Amalfi coast in an Alfa? had a BMW, a very fun drive. Capri is nice. My first Egg pizza was similar to the ones at our favorite trattoria. Love at 1st bite! Enjoy it all. I also make a very good Carbonnara.
    Molto bene, berndcrisp. Grazi.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • Great. Now he thinks he can speak Italian.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Great. Now he thinks he can speak Italian.
    You Americanos thinks you am so funny. Haha.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
    OI lived in Naples for two years. Traveled all over. Matera location used in 'Passiona of the Christ'. The Amalfi coast in an Alfa? had a BMW, a very fun drive. Capri is nice. My first Egg pizza was similar to the ones at our favorite trattoria. Love at 1st bite! Enjoy it all. I also make a very good Carbonnara.
    Carbonnara recipe please!
    Quebec - Canada
    ·
  • Fatevi i cazzi tuoi!!

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • Mama mia, rumpi catso!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Bjorg said:

Dante, try this place: 
    http://pizzerialibretto.com/

Only Naple certified pizza in Canada. I looooooved it. 
    Been there 5 times Bjorg and I agree its pretty darn great. Other than this place and maybe a few other places.....its pretty sad.
    ·