Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just got my shipping number for my new swing grate!

Options
Budgeezer
Budgeezer Posts: 669
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I just received an email that my swing grate will be shipped on the 20th!  Very excited to give it a try.
Edina, MN

Comments

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Options
    Very cool, congrats, I love mine. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • audeuce02
    Options
    Budgeezer said:
    I just received an email that my swing grate will be shipped on the 20th!  Very excited to give it a try.

Out of curiosity, when did you place your order.  I ordered over 6 weeks ago, finally asked to have everything but the 2-tier shipped 10 days ago (and was told that it would), and when I called today to find out what was going on I was told "it should all ship out by the end of the week."  I see all of the great comments, but this is some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced and I am really not happy at all.
  • Baysidebob
    Options
    I used mine for corn and tri-tip recently.  I think this forum has put them over the top on orders.  You'll be glad you got it and it will last a lifetime.  Just make sure the steel is HOT before you put the meat on.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Budgeezer
    Options
    Ordered on August 16th.
    Edina, MN

• audeuce02
    Options
    Wouldnt you think that orders would be filled in the order they were submitted.  I was told on the call yesterday that mine "should ship out by the end of the week", but have still not seen any documentation.  My order was placed on 7 August, but you get your shipping notice before me when your order was placed 16 August.

I know I will get slammed, but everyone considering buying from CGW needs to know that it may not be the great service that many here continue to talk about.
  • JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    Options
    Sounds like you have a valid right to be ticked. The slow shipping has been well documented in this forum.
  • Budgeezer
    Options
    audeuce02 said:

Wouldnt you think that orders would be filled in the order they were submitted.  I was told on the call yesterday that mine "should ship out by the end of the week", but hav still not seen any documentation.  My order was placed on 7 August, but you get your shipping notice before me when your order was placed 16 August.

I know I will get slammed, but everyone considering buying from CGW needs to know that it may not be the great service that many here continue to talk about.

Mine was a large, is yours the same? I knew when I ordered that it was going to be a while before I received it but I was willong to.wait. I hope yours ships soon.
    Edina, MN

• audeuce02
    Options
    Mine is a large also.  I had not read the posts here about CGW, and since nothing was mentioned on the website about products being on back order I assumed it would have shipped quickly.  If I don't get a shipping notice pretty dang soon, I am filing a complaint with Paypal and my credit card company.  I didn't mind waiting, but I didn't like being lied to when I was told 10 days ago that the other items I ordered would be shipped out immediately.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I can't speak for your situation but I'll say that most folks on here that have dealt with Franco have been happy and feel that they have been treated fairly. I know he sold a ton of them on here a few weeks ago and was very upfront about being back ordered. You might want to give him a shout. If his past results are any indication, I'm sure he will take care of you. I think this is a case of a guy being covered up with orders and chasing a little.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • EggerinLA
    Options
    A member on here is sending me a Woo setup. I was considering getting this swing grate, but after reading various threads about it I have decided to pass. It might be nice, but sounds like bad business practices. Customer service is important to me which is a big reason I bought an Egg over the other ceramic companies.
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Options
    Let me say a word about Franco at CGW. I got my swing grate early during the initial onslaught of orders . Dealing with Franco was an absolute pleasure. I had questions and Franco called me direct to answer and address those concerns. Really enjoy my swing grate. The reason for the delays is that the product is good and when purchasers praised the product, it led to more sales....greater than anticipated. This is a custom item and is produced to meet the demand . My guess is if the product wasn't good.....there would be no wait! Please be patient and understand that the wait is directly related to the success of the product....Enjoy!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • audeuce02
    Options
    So the other 5 items that I ordered and he said he was going to go ahead and ship 10 days ago shouldn't make me upset.  I have spoken with him, and he didn't seem real concerned that he had not followed through with his commitment.  I hope I end up loving the product, but I really do not find the service even close to satisfactory.  One thing that will kill a company faster than anything is trying to get to big to fast and not being able to service your customer and fill orders.  I was not an active member of this site, and had no way to know that the delivery of any item would have been 7 weeks later.  If there is a website for ordering, it should indicate if any product is on back order.  If orders cannot be filled due to production issues, there should have been communication to customers not coming on this message board and trying to drum up more business.  As I mention much earlier in this thread, I placed my order 7 August and still have not received any type of e-mail about the order shipping.  Another member that placed his order 9 days later does have a shipping e-mail. 

I don't really need anyone to tell me to be patient, or hype the product.  There is enough positive hype on here about this product, but any potential customer needs to know that it is not all sunshine and roses as many have made it to be.  Point blank the customer service I have received is pathetic, if not non-existant.
    gpsegg said:
    Let me say a word about Franco at CGW. I got my swing grate early during the initial onslaught of orders . Dealing with Franco was an absolute pleasure. I had questions and Franco called me direct to answer and address those concerns. Really enjoy my swing grate. The reason for the delays is that the product is good and when purchasers praised the product, it led to more sales....greater than anticipated. This is a custom item and is produced to meet the demand . My guess is if the product wasn't good.....there would be no wait! Please be patient and understand that the wait is directly related to the success of the product....Enjoy!

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    audeuce02 said:
    So the other 5 items that I ordered and he said he was going to go ahead and ship 10 days ago shouldn't make me upset.  I have spoken with him, and he didn't seem real concerned that he had not followed through with his commitment.  I hope I end up loving the product, but I really do not find the service even close to satisfactory.  One thing that will kill a company faster than anything is trying to get to big to fast and not being able to service your customer and fill orders.  I was not an active member of this site, and had no way to know that the delivery of any item would have been 7 weeks later.  If there is a website for ordering, it should indicate if any product is on back order.  If orders cannot be filled due to production issues, there should have been communication to customers not coming on this message board and trying to drum up more business.  As I mention much earlier in this thread, I placed my order 7 August and still have not received any type of e-mail about the order shipping.  Another member that placed his order 9 days later does have a shipping e-mail. 

I don't really need anyone to tell me to be patient, or hype the product.  There is enough positive hype on here about this product, but any potential customer needs to know that it is not all sunshine and roses as many have made it to be.  Point blank the customer service I have received is pathetic, if not non-existant.
    gpsegg said:

No disrespect intended, but your complaint is with CGW.  gpsegg was just trying to be helpful.
    Flint, Michigan
  • audeuce02
    Options
    audeuce02 said:

gpsegg said:

No disrespect intended, but your complaint is with CGW.  gpsegg was just trying to be helpful.

I agree,  I am not trying to call any member out.  My complaint is with CGW not any member of this forum.  There has been enough hype here about how good the service is that Franco provides, but that has not been my experience.  The one thing that I will continue to do is state my opinion, so every time anyone defends CGW because the got busy I will counter with my opinion.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

You like to be what my Grandma called "a dead fly in their potato salad."

Flint, Michigan