Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

weekend cooks with pictures

muttinmuttin Posts: 45
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
on suday i thought it would be a good day to try out some new cooks. first i baked some wheat bread, and then i cooked some beef stew. i had the dutch oven for about a year now and just havent had time to try it out but with the colder weather here in northern MN i figured some stew sounded good. i did over cook the bread a little (first time) so was a little dry but it was still really good

Comments

• Did you notice any difference between your stew on the egg, verses a burner on the stove?

I want to do chili on the egg, but instead of cooking in a dutch oven, i might just fire roast the peppers, tomato, and onion and then cook the meat on the egg.  Then simmer on the stove.

• i did tell the difference i used some cherry wood chips and did a handfull of them about 3 times thought out the cook to get a good smoke going and i could tast the smoke and i asked my wife and she said she could too not a big taste but enough to tast it

i will deffenetly be doing it again and was very easy just kept the dome temps about 350 and got a good simmer going and stayed that way though the entire cook

• That looks tasty!  The food don't look bad either!  I like your DO.  What kind is it?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

• I got the DO from my local egg place so i am sure it is BGE brand or something there was no writing on it or anything so not 100% sure. i know it took me a long time to use it being i had to season it and what not but now i am wondering why i waited so long