Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ugh, im totally eating my words

mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,731
edited September 2012 in Off Topic
remember this post:

...well do to financial cuts from the school district..both my wife and I were laid off today.  So were moving in with the In-laws in Florida.  hehe
·

Comments

• I'm really sorry MDB.  I hope you can find the silver lining.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • well the silver lining is easy to spot....free housing and food and low bills.  So any job=tons of savings
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,020
    That suuuucks.  You got degrees which is a huge advantage, you'll find something if you look.  Remember Lilo and Stitch: Lilo: 'Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten.

·
  • Not meaning to step on any politically correct toes here: Given the number of one-parent households educational institutions are the last bastions of civilization.  It will all work out for you (plural) and don't turn from your calling.  Go where you may to persue it.  If you're here you're an egger.  Stay in the BGE game.

My actuary says I'm dead.
    ·
  • well thats the interesting part Bayside. My father in Law introduced me to the Egg....while at their house they are paying for all the food..so im not sure how often ill actually get to cook on the BGE..we shall see though.
    ·
  • @ nolaegghead... Well aware of lilo and stitch.
    IMAG0240.jpg 660.7K
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,020
    That movie brought tears to my eyes.....sniff

·
  • Sorry to hear. I'm also a teacher and worry daily about the possibility of my position being cut. I never thought I'd have to worry about things like this when I went into this job. My wife is an art teacher and we are very fearful that art programs will be the first to go. Best of luck on your new journey, wherever it may lead you.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • My wife and I are also teachers and we are also experiencing unrest.  We wish you all the best.
    ·
  • MDB,

What part of FL are you going to be in?  I know it is hard, but if you are a teacher for the right reason (the kids) it will all work out.  I wish you and your wife the best of luck, i think we all need some luck on our side...... 

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

·
  • Chin up MDB. Check out Michael Reno Harrell out on You Tube "Southern Suggestions" if this link doesn't work, it's sure to give you some advice on how to make it here in the South.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • Sorry to hear this, I wish the best for the 2 of you.
    ·
  • Were moving to Havana Fl. My in laws work for FSU
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,563
    That sucks. This country really needs to get its act together. On the bright side, you are moving to Florida at the right time of year. You have until next May before you melt down there. Best of luck with the move and job search.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • Damn dude. Brutal. Sorry to hear. Good luck and hope you guys land on your feet

·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    So sorry to hear that...this country needs more teachers, firemen, policemen & military...not less...I never see a politician saying they will take a pay cut or saying they will fire themselves...nope not ever...good luck to you & the wife...
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,001
    Sorry to hear the news.  We are wishing you the best of luck in your search.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • Chin up MDB. Check out Michael Reno Harrell out on You Tube "Southern Suggestions" if this link doesn't work, it's sure to give you some advice on how to make it here in the South.

=D> very nice hokie. Funny stuff

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    Sorry to hear about your bad news. Hope you find something soon. I have nothing but respect for teachers. I taught for 5 years and know how hard it can be. Underpaid and under appreciated.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • I was a school psychologist and my wife a music teacher(both for elementary schools)
    ·
  • I was a school psychologist and my wife a music teacher(both for elementary schools)
    Ahhhh!  That would explain the Yoda handle!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Best of luck to you. Hi54putty is right. Teachers should be one of the highest paid professions. Our future is in their hands.
    ·
  • MDS, sorry to hear both of you were laid off. Good luck with the move and new work opportunities
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·