Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st time rib results

Options
Jay Brilliant
Jay Brilliant Posts: 46
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi guys,
I just wanted to let you know how the ribs went using dizzy pigs recipe. I have an xl, so I used the plate setter with legs up, and a disposable aluminum oven liner which fit perfectly on the plate setter. I used 3 full slabs of spareribs which fit nicely on the plate setter, I also threw on a couple of turkey legs placed around the perimeter of the egg. I pretty much kept the temperature between 260 and 290. I cooked the spares for about 4 hrs and I left 2 slabs
dry and sauced the other slab at the end of the cook. I feel pretty satisified with results considering it was the first time, the ribs tasted great, but 2 of the slabs were a little dry the third slab was extremly moist. I also think I might have put a little to much mustard and dry rub on the ribs because they were really salty and a little overpowering,

Comments

• Luvmyegg
    Luvmyegg Posts: 86
    Options
    Jaybblues,
    I just tried a new method last week that worked out well for me with all slabs nice and moist. I set the Egg up same as you did with an aluminum drip pan but I used the grill rack on top of the platesetter and a rib rack on top of that. I put a rub on the ribs and grilled for 2 hours at 250 - 290ish turning them midway. Then I put barbeque sauce on the ribs and wrapped them in aluminum foil (all three rib racks wrapped together), placed it back on the grill indirect for another hour. Lastly, remove the ribs from the foil and place them direct on the egg for about 5 min each side to brown the ribs up and dry up the barbeque sauce.