Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Birmingham/Alabama Eggers

BigGreenBamaGrillerBigGreenBamaGriller Posts: 539
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
What lump are you using, and where are you getting it?

Thanks,

Chris
Killen, AL (The Shoals)
XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
·

Comments

• I get Royal Oak from Wally world in Alex City. Need to stock up because the last couple of winters they have run out of stock.

Alexander City,Al
    ·
  • Royal Oak from WalMart, the Publix store brand and B and B from Academy. The B and B is 12 bucks for a 20 lb bag here in N. Alabama.
    ·
  • Royal Oak from Walmart in Chelsea - always seems in good supply
    ·
  • Just got my egg here in Bham, and I am using the BGE lump right now.
    ·
  • Hate going to Wal-Mart, but sounds like I will be making a trip soon...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • You can get Wicked Good Weekend Warrior at Ace Harware. If they don't stock t, you can order from their website and they ship free to your local store. One of the best I've fund, and reasonable price, considering the burn time and ash production are top notch.
    Athens, GA
    ·
  • I get the B&B from Academy, and it's as good as anything I've used.  I have been using BGE charcoal because of a buy one get one free deal lately, but it doesn't seem to be any better.  Especially if I had to pay full price for it.  

And you don't have to go to Walmart to get it.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
    ·
  • I've used the BGE and royal oak. I've got some wicked good buy haven't tried it yet.
    Large, Medium

Heflin, AL
    ·
  • I buy the store brand at whole foods and earth fare super markets.  Both have reviews on naked whizz's site and get recommended (or higher) ratings.
    ·
  • I am also using B&B from Academy Sports. It does a good job and it's reasonably priced. My backup plan is the Greenway from Publix.

Tim
    ·
  • Wicked Good from Ace Hardware (Helena, AL).  They have been happy to take my order, take CC and I pick it up about 5 workdays later.

Second choice these days is GreenWise from Publix.  It is OK.  Sometimes they put it on sale for $4.99 (8 lbs?)

·
  • B & B at Academy. Best Choice Lump from Cash saver in Gadsden,AL
    ·