Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dizzy Pig Wins!!!

drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
edited 5:15AM in EggHead Forum
I just heard from Chris and they were Grand Champion with first place in Brisket and Chicken at Wildwood, NJ. Woo Hoo!!
Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
·

Comments

• Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    drbbq, and to think. I knew him when....
    Great going Chris!!!

·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    drbbq,
    Thanks for the update Ray. Kind of ironic I just visited their site, haven't been there in awhile. That is looking pretty good also.
    Your book at Barnes and Noble in Overland Park, is on an end cap before all other cooking books.
    I did get a little preturbed at the lady when she tried to sell me something else. Great Christmas presents for my friends.
    Hope to see you and Dizzy Pig at The Royal.[p]Mike

·
  • SqueezeSqueeze Posts: 707
    Rock on Dizzy Pig!
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    drbbq,
    Congrats to the Dizzy Pig Team! Ice cold India Pale Ale to our team! Yaaahoooo Grand Champions!!

·
  • Mark BackerMark Backer Posts: 1,018
    drbbq,[p]Big ups to the spinnin' pig team!! You guys deserve it. I like the "we knew chris when" line. Good stuff.[p]can't wait for the pictures!
    ·
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    drbbq,[p]Thanks for the update! That's GREAT news! Congratulations to Chris and all!
    ·
  • mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    drbbq,[p]And to think Mr D Pig actually cooked for me at his own house and I ate off his own plates and sat in his own kitchen. I am...honored. I feel so much more special..sniff.[p]Congrats, Dizzy Pig! You deserve it![p]mShark
    ·
  • ChasbChasb Posts: 54
    drbbq,[p]Awesome news - grats DP Team![p]Chasb
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,035
    drbbq,
    Congrats. to a great team with a great product...

·
  • HammerHammer Posts: 1,001
    drbbq,
    That's fantastic news! Congratulations to the entire team. PBR's all around!
    Hammer

·
  • drbbq,
    Excellent job!! Congratulations to all team members.

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
    ·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    drbbq,
    GREAT GREAT news Ray...I'm getting ready to cook a rack of lamb using his recipe.
    Larry

·
  • CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    drbbq,[p]Great news! Congrats to Chris, Dr. Woo, and Hatch![p]Cornfed
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,824
    CONGRATS and Thanks for carrying the BGE banner into the battle as well!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Giddy up! Score one for the good guys.

·
  • eggoreggor Posts: 777
    drbbq, thanks for letting us know, i wondered how they did, but not a big surprise! couldn't go to a better bunch of guys and excellent cooks, not that i have tried their cooking, but have tried some of their recipes. Way to go!!![p]Scott

·
  • BabyrayBabyray Posts: 250
    drbbq,
    Multi congrats to Chris and crew.. Proud of you..[p]Ray Price

·
  • drbbq, AWESOME, AWESOME, AEWSOME !!!

·
  • drbbq, (Dizzy Pig BBQ Team)[p]I big congrats goes out to the Dizzy Pig Team from the Co-Bros-Q team in AL/TN !!! I just sensed another "Grand" for Chris and the gang this weekend. Go DP and BGE !!![p]Cheers on Sunday
    Kirk

[ul][li]http://www.co-bros.com[/ul]
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Way to go Nature Boy & team mates! Wonder if it was the American Kobe in the winning turn in box?[p]Keep up the good work[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • drbbq,
    My husband & I just came back from Jersey where for the last 7 yrs, we've gone to the NJ BBQ Championship. But now we had someone to cheer on..the Dizzy Pig Team. We've been Eggers since Oct. and it was an honor to meet them and best of all..it was so cool to see this young, talented team come into town with their 'lawn ornaments' and out cook 26 other teams! It was a Proud Day to be an Egger!
    Keep up the Great Cooking!
    John & Joyce
    Two J's

·
  • SigmoreSigmore Posts: 621
    capt john, What yawl said!! Go boys!

·
  • aka mr. Earlaka mr. Earl Posts: 151
    drbbq,[p]Congrats - dizzy guys.
    ·
  • eggoreggor Posts: 777
    thirdeye,[p]thats right, forgot about that. maybe the kobe is worth checkin out.

·
  • Dr_RedwineDr_Redwine Posts: 189
    drbbq,
    Congrats to the DP Team!!! It's so nice to hear that OUR Boyz, at least that's the way I think of them, get rewarded for all the hard work. Think about hauling all that stuff all over Creation most every weekend...that's a lot of work in itself. Sprinkle in the helpful posts and sharing of knowledge and you have a VERY deserving bunch. Great job, Guys and keep 'er spinning!!![p]DrR

·
  • SkychiefSkychief Posts: 16
    drbbq,
    Way to go Chris and team!

·
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    Congrats to the team. A well-deserved win I'm sure. You guys are really on a roll. Keep up the fun and success![p]Cheers,[p]TRex
    ·
  • djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    drbbq:[p]Thanks for sharing the news! Chris, Dr. Woo, and Hatch, congratulations on your hard work! Go Dizzy Pig!

·
  • MR HMR H Posts: 109
    drbbq,
    Great news Chris. Keep up the great work
    Howard in Bartow

·
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,937
    drbbq,[p]It couldn't happen to better bunch of guys!![p]Congrats from all here at "Chubby's Fun House"!![p]See you all in Kansas City!![p]Chubby
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
    ·