Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I like Big Butts and I cannot lie!

2»

Comments

500 Posts: 3,177
    Mayberry, that bark looks great as is.  Looks good.  Haven't peeked on my twins.  Dome at 250, butts at 148.  It's waking up now.  Some sizzle smoke coming out the top.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Prepare yourself for the stall...holy cow! It was at 180 6 hrs ago. Right now still sitting at 187.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • Anyone have a magic temp they pull off the grill at? I've heard anywhere from 190-200. What do most do? Also, I'm Going to take half to a tailgate and eat the rest with family tomorrow for lunch. Should i cut in half with my electric knife, FTC both halves and take the half for today to the tailgate whole and pull there? Then, i could throw the other half back on the Egg tomorrow, warm up and then pull. Or, would that dry it out? Would you do that for just pull it all today and put half in the refrigerator until tomorrow?
    Athens, GA
  • Mayberry said:
    Anyone have a magic temp they pull off the grill at? I've heard anywhere from 190-200. What do most do? Also, I'm Going to take half to a tailgate and eat the rest with family tomorrow for lunch. Should i cut in half with my electric knife, FTC both halves and take the half for today to the tailgate whole and pull there? Then, i could throw the other half back on the Egg tomorrow, warm up and then pull. Or, would that dry it out? Would you do that for just pull it all today and put half in the refrigerator until tomorrow?

when the probe slides in and out like butter. Anywhere from 190-205. Usually around 195 for me but a few degrees can make a big difference
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Thanks....what about serving today and tomorrow? Which way will it be better tomorrow?
    Athens, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    You can throw half of it in the fridge and crock pot it the next day. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Either way.  If you pull it all at once, it makes it easy to reheat if you food-saver the pork - you can reheat in boiling water.  Last time I did that I pulled after re-heating.  Mix up some vinegar based bbq sauce to give it some moisture no matter how you do it.
    dang, just wonder how big and old was that piggy.......lol

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Finished product. Juicy meat. Crunchy bark. It's a success!!! Thanks for your help.
    Athens, GA
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Don't know if I was much help, but it was fun as we were going through the same ride.  Looks tasty.  Some mighty big bark.  I think I'm in the stall.  Holding at 170.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009