Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

I like Big Butts and I cannot lie!

MayberryMayberry Posts: 426
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
First overnight tonight. 11.5 lb Boston Butt just went on... no idea how long this thing will take. I initially planned to cut it in half and just throw it on early in the morning for a mid afternoon tailgate. But, it's bone in, it's been a long week, and I just couldn't figure out how to cut the damn thing and keep bone in both sides. So, entire 11.5 lb butt is on and rolling. New Maverick ET – 732 is hooked up for the first time, and Dizzy Dust is being prepared to be introduced to the family. I'm expecting somewhere between 11 and 18 hours for this to get done, but that's a pretty wide window. Will probably update with questions throughout the night.
Athens, GA

Comments