Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A year and two weeks ago today...

Mark Backer
Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
my wife bought me a large BGE. Since then, I've gotten a mini and a small, as well as a chiminea. [p]Anyway, the reason for this post is that even folks who should know better sometimes don't. [p]Today I put on about 30 abt's at 400, indirect and on the grid extender, and planned to turn the tray every ten minutes to avoid hot spots. [p]Well, I turned them once, came back after ten minutes and smoke was POURING out of the chimney. I opened the lid and WHOOMP! A fireball about six feet up and flames everywhere.[p]I took the smoking abt's off and closed the lid, and the temp was about 650. [p]It appears that the thermometer was stuck in an abt.[p]Thank goodness the wife made five dozen, so I've got another load ready to go on in about 30 minutes, or whenever humpty gets back down to around 400.[p]How's everybody else's weekend?

Comments