Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breast Fest!

Options
LongboardR
LongboardR Posts: 101
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

Last night I was about to throw on a few stuffed cordon blue chicken breasts and the wif tells me about the turkey breast she bought over the weekend. I did not get the opportunity to brine it (next time) but had a good trial run for thanksgiving. So, the breast fest was underwayJ. For the turkey I stuffed the cavity with Rosemary and used a mix of Shake the Tree, more rosemary and a little home flavored EVOO (yes Olive Oil saturated with rosemary & thyme. It’s pretty good and keep handy with pour spout.) Got kinda busy and did not get a chance to take plated pics but it was pretty darn good. Thinking about doing this a few more times before the big Turkey day. I think this would be good to serve as sandwiches for a big tailgate. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Comments

• NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    Looks great! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

Breast Fest.

Sounds wonderful. A nice change from all this talk about butts.

:))

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Looks good, rosemary is one of my favourites, straight up or in oil can't go wrong. Indirect cook at what temp? 325-350 ish?
    Never done a turkey breast, didn't want to crisp it to much
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • LongboardR
    Options
    I went indirect around 325. Put the maverick on and pulled around 175ish and let rest. I think it was around 1.5 hours...
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    I will say of all the possible fest in the world, a breast one is about my favorite. My avi is chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese/shredded cheese/diced jalapeno and wrapped in bacon.
    Boom
  • Lowflyer
    Options

I will say of all the possible fest in the world, a breast one is about my favorite. My avi is chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese/shredded cheese/diced jalapeno and wrapped in bacon.

@Fanoffanboys Sounds great, can u elaborate? Bone in/out, heat, indirect, time, etc??
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Aviator said:

Breast Fest.

Sounds wonderful. A nice change from all this talk about butts.

:))
    Agreed!!

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    looks great i did a boneless skinless turkey breast the other week no brine just a rub and it was great . Try one i'll bet you like it and turkey london broil is really good as well 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    Lowflyer said:
    @Fanoffanboys Sounds great, can u elaborate? Bone in/out, heat, indirect, time, etc??

It's thin sliced chicken breast. Mix ingredients and smother. Roll up breast then wrap with bacon. Can do direct or indirect. I would say direct raised or indirect would be best.
    Boom
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    I went indirect around 325. Put the maverick on and pulled around 175ish and let rest. I think it was around 1.5 hours...
    Thanks, will try one this weekend....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Lowflyer
    Options

Lowflyer said:

It's thin sliced chicken breast. Mix ingredients and smother. Roll up breast then wrap with bacon. Can do direct or indirect. I would say direct raised or indirect would be best.
    Thanks!
  • SamFerrise
    Options
    Butts are the best!!

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • Lowflyer
    Options
    Since we're on the topic of breast, I just finished up 1.5lbs of skinless, boneless turkey breast rubbed up for the first time. FAIL! Rubbed, smoked at around 350ish, cherry chips to 165 internal. Took maybe 45min. Not good. Dry. No fat at all to help w moisture. Just my .02.