Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Cook Catch Up

BuckeyeBobBuckeyeBob Posts: 526
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
One of these days, I am going to have more time on my hands that I can post my cooks in a timely basis but just ain't happening right now.  Rest assured that all of these cooks were aided by all of you on the board and I do appreciate it.

Although it gets a bad rap, there are some interesting recipes in the Big Green Egg Cookbook, especially when I got it on Amazon for like 15 bucks on sale. I decided to make the Chili-Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Caramelized Blackberry Sauce.  I changed it to Cherry sauce since that was the preserves I had on hand.  We served it up with some Hasselback potatoes although we made those inside. It was excellent although I would reduce the sauce more as it was a little thin.  Here are some pics:

Pork coming off of the Egg

It was pouring while I was cooking so I had to improvise

Final plate with Hasselback potatoes and Green Beans

Over Labor Day, cooked a variety of things but unfortunately didn't get pics of everything.  In addition to the below, we did scallops on the salt block and also Steven Raichlen's Chicken under a Brick.  So sorry I didn't get the pictures but I swear, it happened.  

First try at ABTs on the Egg.  Stuffed with Cream Cheese, garlic, cilantro and lime juice.  So good.

Also made a chocolate chip cookie in my Cast Iron Skillet cooked on the Egg.  Actually, the first Baking I have done.  I got the recipe from a post by Griffin with the recipe on his blog.  Here is the link.  http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2012/06/28/cast-iron-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookie/  
It was really good and everyone loved it.

Cookie Dough before cooking

And the finished product coming off

Good stuff and I do promise I will try and be more current on my posts.

Buckeye Bob
Clarendon Hills, IL

Comments