Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cook Catch Up

Options
BuckeyeBob
BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
One of these days, I am going to have more time on my hands that I can post my cooks in a timely basis but just ain't happening right now.  Rest assured that all of these cooks were aided by all of you on the board and I do appreciate it.

Although it gets a bad rap, there are some interesting recipes in the Big Green Egg Cookbook, especially when I got it on Amazon for like 15 bucks on sale. I decided to make the Chili-Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Caramelized Blackberry Sauce.  I changed it to Cherry sauce since that was the preserves I had on hand.  We served it up with some Hasselback potatoes although we made those inside. It was excellent although I would reduce the sauce more as it was a little thin.  Here are some pics:

Pork coming off of the Egg

It was pouring while I was cooking so I had to improvise

Final plate with Hasselback potatoes and Green Beans

Over Labor Day, cooked a variety of things but unfortunately didn't get pics of everything.  In addition to the below, we did scallops on the salt block and also Steven Raichlen's Chicken under a Brick.  So sorry I didn't get the pictures but I swear, it happened.  

First try at ABTs on the Egg.  Stuffed with Cream Cheese, garlic, cilantro and lime juice.  So good.

Also made a chocolate chip cookie in my Cast Iron Skillet cooked on the Egg.  Actually, the first Baking I have done.  I got the recipe from a post by Griffin with the recipe on his blog.  Here is the link.  http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2012/06/28/cast-iron-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookie/  
It was really good and everyone loved it.

Cookie Dough before cooking

And the finished product coming off

Good stuff and I do promise I will try and be more current on my posts.

Buckeye Bob
Clarendon Hills, IL

Comments