Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Bloody Mary Recipe

jehaack
jehaack Posts: 6
edited September 2012 in Off Topic

Does anyone have a good recipe for a bloody mary?  I'm looking to make a bulk batch for tailgating.

Also, since we're talking liquor.  I was watching No Reservations the other night when Tony was in Austin, and they made avocado margaritas.  Has anyone ever tried one, and if so how were they?

Comments

• I had one at a "Whisky Live" event that had a smoky flavor & and Glenmorangie in it - have no idea what the recipe was, but it might be similar to this: 

http://www.chow.com/recipes/10807-smoky-bloody-mary

BTW, would you mind moving this to the actual "Off Topic" section please?  That way the main forum doesn't get polluted w/ a bunch of "OT" posts. 

Thanks,
    HH
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Thanks H-H.  I moved it to the OT board; I don't post much and didn't realize there was a "Off Topic" section. 

God forbid this post may pollute the main board.  I'd hate to miss a picture of someone's table.

• Well, if posted properly, that table pic would be in the table forum section...also, not cluttering up the main board. ;)
  • jehaack said:

Thanks H-H.  I moved it to the OT board; I don't post much and didn't realize there was a "Off Topic" section. 

God forbid this post may pollute the main board.  I'd hate to miss a picture of someone's table.

Jehaack - thanks for moving the post.  I asked kindly, as a request, and asked if you would "mind" and also said "please."  and then I thanked you in advance.  I don't know how much more nicely I could have done it. 

Also, as far as I know, most, if not all, of the table posts have actually been in the "Egg Table" section (there may have been 1 or 2 which have been posted in the Main section, but I just looked, and from what I saw, all the recent ones are actually listed in the Table section).  So those posts are actually following the rules.  I just requested that your post do the same. 

I provided you w/ a recipe for a Bloody Mary on an Egg board.  I'm sure there are plenty of alcohol boards, and probably several specific Bloody Mary boards where I'm sure there are more than enough recipes to keep you hammered for quite some time. 

There is also another Egg forum where it's common practice to post OT things on the main board, even to make a post just for a specific member to check his email, as well as health issues, and even semi-lewd sexist pictures.  If you're into that sort of thing, perhaps you might feel more at home there.  Keep in mind that the rules enforcement varies based on your seniority there though, it's very inconsistent. 

At any rate, I did ask kindly, and you obliged me, so thank you.
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • H-H . . . I didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings, and if I did I apologize.  If you look through the posts most of them could be categorized in one way or another.  I appreciate people's opinions, and enjoy reading the conversation generated. 

Like I said before, I rarely post and didn't realize there was a OT category.  I'll be more aware of where I post in the future.

Thanks for the input.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    smoke some salt in the egg and then it fits in the main forum
    :D

i dont think ive ever followed a recipe, but its 3 to 1 tomato juice to vodka then any combo of tobasco, worcestershire, lemon juice, clam juice, horseradish, smoked salt, pepper, celery salt. top with a shrimp, pepperoncini, green olive, and a celerystalk, serve in a 20 ounce pint glass
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • I like what you did there fish, thanks for the recipe.
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    edited September 2012
    "20 ounce pint glass". :-O Are we imperial now?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I think that means 20 oz plus a pint = 36 oz.  (*burp*)
    :))

Actually, an imperial pint is almost 20 US oz.
    "20 ounce pint glass". :-O Are we imperial now?
    i only bought the big pints

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Great....it's 2:25 in the afternoon and I'm craving a bloody mary. Thanks for the pic fish. =P~
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I start craving one the minute I wake up.
    not a recipe really but i use sky vodka and theres a 5 pepper spicy bloody mary mix found in most super markets and (cough cough walmart) by master of mixes that pretty tasty 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Zing Zang is one of the best mixes and very reasonable.  You can still add a few drops of Worcestershire and Tabasco.  I prefer to garnish with green beans and olives, instead of celery.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

• Old Bay seasoning on the rim of the glass (like salt with a margarita) is good too.
  • 3/1 tomato-vodka ratio. Add worcestershire, pepper, celery salt, curry, lemon juice, tobasco, pickle juice (important), pickle (I prefer Clausen's), and whatever you desire for the salad. ... String cheese, beef sticks, and celery work well for the salad...
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Zing Zang is one of the best mixes and very reasonable.  You can still add a few drops of Worcestershire and Tabasco.  I prefer to garnish with green beans and olives, instead of celery.

+1 really good stuff. Save your time for cooking the ribs/pork shoulder :)
    Greensboro, NC
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Great....now we'll all be stuck at work thinking about how long it is till we get off and can have a drink. Thanks a lot. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Here in Texas Spec's Liquor carries "Bakon" vodka, and yes, you guessed it, it's a bacon flavored vodka. Everything is better with bacon and OOOOOOhhhhhhh so good when mixed with horseradish flavored Bloody Mary mix from Mr and Mrs T.
  • Bacon flavored vodka..............now Griffin will really be distracted at work.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!