Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Easy gasket removal

Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,161
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

I have been planning to replace the gasket in one of my LBGE's. After I did some roasted peppers today I noticed a nice 1" piece of gasket looked loose so I decided now was the right time. After I finished the peppers I really had very little lump left so I opened it up and let her rip, well it only got to about 600 but stayed there for a while. When it was down around 250 I got a scrapper and started removing the gasket. It just about fell off, I guess from being hot. Anyway from now on when I plan on a gasket replacement I will be heating my egg up first. This was just to easy, it took about 5 minutes.

·

Comments

• Thanks Hungry Joe.

I need to replace mine and I was just thinking about the best way to remove the old one. 
    :-bd
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    That's a good idea.

·
  • Snakes on the Egg!

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    I'm tired of these muthaflippin' snakes on this motherflippin' EGG!

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,203

Snakes on the Egg!

My first thought too!   :))

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • I'm in need of replacing mine as well. Thanks for the tip.
    ·
  • That's what I did too. Cooked supper on the Egg one evening, let it cool down to around 200 deg, and peeled the gaskets off with a putty knife. Like yours, it came right off with no effort whatsoever. Next day, I applied the Rutland. Let it sit for a day for the Permatex to dry well, and started cooking again.
    ·