Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Easy gasket removal

Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,108
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

I have been planning to replace the gasket in one of my LBGE's. After I did some roasted peppers today I noticed a nice 1" piece of gasket looked loose so I decided now was the right time. After I finished the peppers I really had very little lump left so I opened it up and let her rip, well it only got to about 600 but stayed there for a while. When it was down around 250 I got a scrapper and started removing the gasket. It just about fell off, I guess from being hot. Anyway from now on when I plan on a gasket replacement I will be heating my egg up first. This was just to easy, it took about 5 minutes.

·

Comments

• Thanks Hungry Joe.

I need to replace mine and I was just thinking about the best way to remove the old one. 
    :-bd
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,860
    That's a good idea.

·
  • Snakes on the Egg!

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,860
    I'm tired of these muthaflippin' snakes on this motherflippin' EGG!

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,962

Snakes on the Egg!

My first thought too!   :))

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • I'm in need of replacing mine as well. Thanks for the tip.
    ·
  • That's what I did too. Cooked supper on the Egg one evening, let it cool down to around 200 deg, and peeled the gaskets off with a putty knife. Like yours, it came right off with no effort whatsoever. Next day, I applied the Rutland. Let it sit for a day for the Permatex to dry well, and started cooking again.
    ·