Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Big Green Egg Storage

blinderkjblinderkj Posts: 0
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have the egg at my MN cabin and am about to leave for the winter.  Can one leave the BGE outside, cover and all, all winter long?

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,066
    I leave mine outside year round with no cover. If the cabin isn't being used all winter, could you just roll it inside if you are worried about it?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• I'd be bringing it home with me!

XLBGE 
  • I am with the Nurse. It may not be setting on the deck when you return in the Spring and besides it would be lonely all by itself with nobody keeping it warm.
  • Whats the address to your cabin? I will bring it back for you in the Spring.
  • a) bring it with you
    b) roll it in the cabin 
    c) send your address to Golfantic
    Large BGE as of Father's day '12 http://www.jwhit.com
  • I would roll it in to the cabin and forget about it.
  • DonWWDonWW Posts: 264
    Whether inside or out, make sure that both the upper and lower vents are open.  Minimizes the chance of trapping moisture inside the egg and resulting in mold/mildew.
    XL BGE.  Dallas, Texas.