Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Broken platesetter

Uncle PhilUncle Phil Posts: 665
edited 2:31PM in EggHead Forum
Had some repair guys working in the area and looks like someone broke part of one of the legs if the platesetter off. Now that leg comes to a point! I have the broken piece and was wondering if cement (concrete mix) would mend this. Any ideas?[p]Thanks,[p]Uncle Phil


  • Uncle Phil,epoxy will fix

  • tach18ktach18k Posts: 1,607
    Uncle Phil,
    I would go with a high temp ceramic c-ment. Any type of plastic may melt or give off bad odors and affect the food.

  • Uncle Phil,
    Same thing happened to my placesetter. I used JB Weld. It has held just fine. Good luck, Mark from Utah

  • Uncle Phil,
    I agree with Mark from Utah...I used J-B Weld to fix the broken (3 pieces) firebox on my #5 Imperial Kamado. Inexpensive at Home Depot and it advertizes itself as "world's finest cold weld". It consists of a red labeled tube (hardener) and a black-labeled tube (steel) and mixes like epoxy. It claims a max temp of 600 degrees and shows an image of an engine block as a repair candidate on the back of the card. Find it with other adhesives and epoxies.[p]I haven't been able to find out the contents, or if it is "food grade", but the only truly food grade epoxy I know of is no longer manufactured. Maybe someone else has had more experience, but I haven't died from the stuff, at least not yet.[p]J-B Weld makes more than one product, this one is part number 8265-S.[p]Good luck!

Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.