Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Possible new forum? Would love to see a "Travel" forum.

Options
YEMTrey
YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
edited August 2012 in Forum Feedback
A couple of posts today sparked this thought with me.

I think it would be beneficial to the forum to have a travel forum where users could post topics on restaurants, stores, etc.

Just a thought.  Thanks.
Steve 
XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

Comments

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    I think that is a nice idea.  When we travel we try to eat at as many meals as possible at real restaurants and stay away from the chains.  This is not always easy as it is hard to pick the winners from losers when you are visiting, looks can be deceiving.  

Gerhard
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    We travel a lot and have found that some smart phone apps have been very useful.  Yelp, TravelAdvisor, Urbanspoon, and Flavortown have found us some great local restaurants andhelped us avoid some real losers. 

I wouldn't mind a forum here. either.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I agree, I just spend the last 4 1/2 years traveling 300+ days a year working on Engineering projects for the FAA. I have a app on my phone that is call TV Diner that had Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives places across the country. They update it shortly after every major apple ios change and add new spots regularly. I've been to 43 DDD or man v food spots and never had a bad experience, there are a few dishes I try because of watching the youtube video before I go and would probably find something else I would order next time, but also have had things that I never would have imagined and want to try to recreate at home. Like the country fried tuna at the Standard Diner in Albuquerque, NM
    Tempura Battered Tuna with Wasabi guacamole, pickled ginger tartar sauce, and spicy Israeli couscous.

You can also buy many other tv show food stops. As @Shiff said flavortown is a good one to look at on the computer they had issues a couple years ago updating a app but probably have gotten better. 
    This was my favorite BBQ Place, Gorilla BBQ turned a old train car into a BBQ restaurant. It is on the Pacific Coast HWY in Pacifica, CA between Monterey and San Francisco. (Their website is down right now so I just posted the Yelp page) 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    Solson005 - will have to try that Gorilla BBQ - thanks for the head's up!!
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    a fun idea

mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    OT - YEMTrey were you ever on etree?
    Large BGE and Medium BGE