Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Biscuits

Options
Onegrecook
Onegrecook Posts: 121
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I baked up some biscuits real quick tonight. They turned out better than when I bake them in the oven.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    Options
    Love me some flaky butter biscuits! 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Nice.  Open them up, toast with butter and serve with honey....heaven!
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Just add some pulled pork & country gravy & I'll be over for breakfast.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Mrrrmm...biscuits and gravy for me. Are those home-made? And if so, you got a recipe?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Onegrecook
    Options
    It was bisquick :D
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    I love my tenderloin biscuits
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options

Gotta love the KISS method. Good looking biscuits.
    Options
    Tjcoley said:

Gotta love the KISS method. Good looking biscuits.

Simple is good when you have little ones running around:)
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options
    These look great!!  Curious - - Did the biscuits have a smokey flavor to them?
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • Onegrecook
    Onegrecook Posts: 121
    edited September 2012
    Options
    No smokey flavor at all. Just have to wait until the fire is burning clean. If you would have tasted it in conjunction with one from the oven...you wouldn't have been able to tell the difference.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    So you just happened to have the egg going already for somethin' else, right?
    edited September 2012
    Options
    No...I love using my egg and got bored one night. I told my wife I was going to make biscuits and she thought I was crazy. I love to find any excuse to use it so I'll fire it up for anything.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
     Gotta love it!  That's why eggs are so frickiin' great, it's like an outdoor fireplace that you're looking for an excuse to light up.  You probably spent more on the lump than the biscuit ingredients.... awesome.
    Sometimes I just go outside and open the lid just to look inside. I've had it two months and my wife thinks I've lost my mind. I wish I would have gotten one a long time ago. I love it!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Tell me about it.  I just built an "accessory" - smoker.  Just moved it from the shop on to the deck about 15 minutes ago.  Gotta put the rack in, set up the DigiQ, duct, and I'm ready to try low temp smokin'.

SWMBO is going to ask, when she gets home tonight - WFT?!  Is that going to stay out here?!
    NOLA:
    Is that an air conditioner?  Really cold smoking.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Yep.  5000 btu.  Idea, at least in my head, is the AC will run full blast and the DigiQ will have the grate probe in the smoker, and will try to add heat (and smoke) to reach a setpoint, which will be sub-ambient.  I'll find out if it works this weekend.  

And, of course it'll do dessicating/smoking without the AC.

I have about $160 in it.  Just finished the table tonight.
    Options
    Tell me about it.  I just built an "accessory" - smoker.  Just moved it from the shop on to the deck about 15 minutes ago.  Gotta put the rack in, set up the DigiQ, duct, and I'm ready to try low temp smokin'.

SWMBO is going to ask, when she gets home tonight - WFT?!  Is that going to stay out here?!

I love it, keep us posted.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Sometimes I just go outside and open the lid just to look inside. I've had it two months and my wife thinks I've lost my mind. I wish I would have gotten one a long time ago. I love it!

Wait until you see the looks you get when tell her you need another egg. :))  And the time will come when you will NEED another.
  • Onegrecook
    Options

Wait until you see the looks you get when tell her you need another egg. :))  And the time will come when you will NEED another.

I've already thought about it...just don't quite dare [-O<
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited September 2012
    Options

Yep.  5000 btu.  Idea, at least in my head, is the AC will run full blast and the DigiQ will have the grate probe in the smoker, and will try to add heat (and smoke) to reach a setpoint, which will be sub-ambient.  I'll find out if it works this weekend.  

Sounds like an interesting design, i wonder if the AC will blow too strong, and force the smoke out through any leaks in the egg. I'm definitely watching this one.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    tazcrash said:

Sounds like an interesting design, i wonder if the AC will blow too strong, and force the smoke out through any leaks in the egg. I'm definitely watching this one.
    I'm hoping the fan will force the smoke into the smoker, otherwise I'll have to put a air flow diversion device to force some of the ac fan air out the stack.
    I wish I could still eat biscuits.

Tim