Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grown man cryin!

Options
2»

Comments

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    ah man that stinks.......sadly I can relate........welcome to the busted club......

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    At egging in the mountains one of the eggs lower band came loose and the dome fell off backwards. It landed on the back spring part of the band and then rolled backwards and only took a small chip out of the top vent that you cover with the DFMT. i couldn't believe it survived.
  • BakerMan
    Options

Sad photo.   When you top band was too loose did the top pop out when you opened the Egg?

Since it had a happy (expensive) ending I will tell you my first thought was Humpty Dumpty...

BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
  • ArlingtonGrill
    Options
    BakerMan, that's exactly what happened. I had it up around 700 and after burping I opened it a little fast due to the heat and when it "hit" the fully opened point and met resistance from the hinge it fell out. Too hot for me to try to stop it.
  • Eggdam
    Eggdam Posts: 223
    Options
    I believe it is 120 in lbs