Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL raised grid question

Options
bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
i went out and got the weber 22.5 inch grid and 6 inch bolts threaded all the way to the head . my question is how high should i set the grid wondering if any XL owners could give me some input .Thanks 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• Fire Walker
    Options
    I use fire bricks cut in half and their about 3.5 inches high but I have an older XL and I think the grill sits alot higher in the egg but I'm a firm believer that the higher into the dome the more even the cook with enough dome headroom of course. Experiment and post your results
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Thanks Fire Walker i set mine about 4 1/2 inches high so even with the PS in and grid on top i can still use the raised grid and close the lid no problem allowing me to put my veggie pan under the raised grid with meat on top 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.