Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tri tip & pork chop success

DeaconKavDeaconKav Posts: 84
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Cooked a nice 2.6 lbs trip tip with reverse sear and first time to throw some pork chops on. Tri tip have done and comes out great but the 2 pork chops were so moist and juicy, wow. Corn was great and thanks to all those on the forum who told me to cut off the ends and pull them out and the silk comes right off, greatness. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Nice cook.  Every time I discuss cooking corn, I share that technique.  One of the coolest 'veggie' tips I learned here.
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    Tjcoley said:
    Nice cook.  Every time I discuss cooking corn, I share that technique.  One of the coolest 'veggie' tips I learned here.
    @Tjcoley please share the tip again.  I didn't get it earlier.  Thanks.
    ·
    Duganboy said:
    Tjcoley said:
    @Tjcoley please share the tip again.  I didn't get it earlier.  Thanks.

@DeaconKay said, "cut off the ends and pull them out and the silk comes right off"  When grilling corn, (or, please forgive me it also works in a microwave - 4 minutes per ear - I feel like I just committed a sin), grill the corn just like you got it from the store.  When it is done, cut across the wide part of the ear (opposite end from the silk), give it a squeeze, and the ear of corn will come out of the husk clean as can be, no silk, and ready to eat.  

• How long do you have to cook the corn and at what temp?
    ·
    I usually cook the corn at whatever temp I'm cooking the meat.  About 15 minutes on the grill and it's done.