Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri tip & pork chop success

Options
DeaconKav
DeaconKav Posts: 84
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Cooked a nice 2.6 lbs trip tip with reverse sear and first time to throw some pork chops on. Tri tip have done and comes out great but the 2 pork chops were so moist and juicy, wow. Corn was great and thanks to all those on the forum who told me to cut off the ends and pull them out and the silk comes right off, greatness. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Nice cook.  Every time I discuss cooking corn, I share that technique.  One of the coolest 'veggie' tips I learned here.
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    Tjcoley said:
    Nice cook.  Every time I discuss cooking corn, I share that technique.  One of the coolest 'veggie' tips I learned here.
    @Tjcoley please share the tip again.  I didn't get it earlier.  Thanks.
  • Tjcoley
    Options
    Duganboy said:
    Tjcoley said:
    @Tjcoley please share the tip again.  I didn't get it earlier.  Thanks.

@DeaconKay said, "cut off the ends and pull them out and the silk comes right off"  When grilling corn, (or, please forgive me it also works in a microwave - 4 minutes per ear - I feel like I just committed a sin), grill the corn just like you got it from the store.  When it is done, cut across the wide part of the ear (opposite end from the silk), give it a squeeze, and the ear of corn will come out of the husk clean as can be, no silk, and ready to eat.  

Options
    How long do you have to cook the corn and at what temp?
  • Tjcoley
    Options
    I usually cook the corn at whatever temp I'm cooking the meat.  About 15 minutes on the grill and it's done.