Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

3-2-1 Ribs & ABT's

midwestsmokermidwestsmoker Posts: 445
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos First time doing fall off the bone ribs, big hit with the wife & sister and first ABT's. Everyting turned out beyond my expectations.

• Well done, you!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Thanks Chip
  • midwestsmoker said: big hit with the wife & sister.
    That, my brother, is the BGE payoff.  A grand for an over-grown flowerpot,  Almost the same for eggcessories.  Frustration "getting it right" while repeatedly doing the same cut.  Then you develop your very own menu.  A custom list of company-worthy winners.  Listening to "happy sounds" while others eat your cook is a supreme rush.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Well done!! =D>
  • What was 3-2-1? 3 hours Bone down, 2 hours meat down, 1 hour foil?
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    DeaconKav said:
    What was 3-2-1? 3 hours Bone down, 2 hours meat down, 1 hour foil?
    3 hours on grill, 2 hours in foil, then 1 hour back on grill with sauce, if desired.
  • Mr. Bayside, great way to explain it. My wife gets what we do but my sister and brother in law are new to our egging. My sister was laughing at me (in a nice proud of her brother way) when I was taking pictures. forgot the pics of the ABT's when they came off the grill.
  • Thanks Coastal
  • Deacon, like Dugan said........3 hours bone down no foil, 2 hours foil meat down with some apple juice, 1 hour no foil bone down. Sometime during that last hour you can sauce them. I have done Carwash Mikes over a dozen times and love that way. Be aware 321 will fall off the bone as I had some falling apart after the foil as I placed them back on for the last hour.