Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

3-2-1 Ribs & ABT's

midwestsmokermidwestsmoker Posts: 446
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos First time doing fall off the bone ribs, big hit with the wife & sister and first ABT's. Everyting turned out beyond my expectations.

Comments

• Well done, you!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Thanks Chip
  • midwestsmoker said: big hit with the wife & sister.
    That, my brother, is the BGE payoff.  A grand for an over-grown flowerpot,  Almost the same for eggcessories.  Frustration "getting it right" while repeatedly doing the same cut.  Then you develop your very own menu.  A custom list of company-worthy winners.  Listening to "happy sounds" while others eat your cook is a supreme rush.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Well done!! =D>
  • What was 3-2-1? 3 hours Bone down, 2 hours meat down, 1 hour foil?
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    DeaconKav said:
    What was 3-2-1? 3 hours Bone down, 2 hours meat down, 1 hour foil?
    3 hours on grill, 2 hours in foil, then 1 hour back on grill with sauce, if desired.
  • Mr. Bayside, great way to explain it. My wife gets what we do but my sister and brother in law are new to our egging. My sister was laughing at me (in a nice proud of her brother way) when I was taking pictures. forgot the pics of the ABT's when they came off the grill.
  • Thanks Coastal
  • Deacon, like Dugan said........3 hours bone down no foil, 2 hours foil meat down with some apple juice, 1 hour no foil bone down. Sometime during that last hour you can sauce them. I have done Carwash Mikes over a dozen times and love that way. Be aware 321 will fall off the bone as I had some falling apart after the foil as I placed them back on for the last hour.