Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

How "Big? was the original BGE?

khristyjeffkhristyjeff Posts: 154
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I read the company history, but was curious how the size/shape may have evolved since 1974.  Anyone know?
·

Comments

• Good question. Curious too
    Boom
    ·
  • I've seen pictures of antique BGEs.  They look to be the approximate size of a Large.  There are a few guys who have them on the Forum.  I'm sure they'll chime in.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

·
  • I'm not to sure of the size but I have found a picture of one for you. I don't know if this helps at all.
    img0285f.jpg 56.8K
    ·
  • EggdamEggdam Posts: 214
    I'm not to sure of the size but I have found a picture of one for you. I don't know if this helps at all.
    Not too Green is it!
    ·
  • I think they used to be call the " Big And Once Green Egg"!
    ·
  • lecramslecrams Posts: 106
    I have an original, it is generally the same size as the large. All of the L accessories and replacement parts fit it just fine.
    ·