Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

4th overnite butt

Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
edited September 2012 in Cookbook
HOPE
·

Comments

• Good luck!
    ·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Why 'Hope'?

Love doing Butts on the EGG, I did two side by side last week and took one to my office for my team to enjoy while I was out of town. 250 20 hours delicious!
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    DMurf said:
    Why 'Hope'?

Love doing Butts on the EGG, I did two side by side last week and took one to my office for my team to enjoy while I was out of town. 250 20 hours delicious!
    Is your company (specifically your team) hiring?  :)

Those are the company perks I want!  <:-P  I'm in the "bring brisket and pulled pork to work" group also.

@Mike8it  ; You got this!
    ·
  • Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    Here we GO! Before pic Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    ·
    Brownie said:

DMurf said:

Why 'Hope'?

Those are the company perks I want!  <:-P  I'm in the "bring brisket and pulled pork to work" group also.

I think so; I heard through the gp (grape vine) that my position may be available

<:-P
    ·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Brownie said:

Brownie,

I have a great team and I wanted to thank them for all their support while I have moved into a new roll. And it is just as easy to cook two butts as one.

Actually we were hiring but I just filled those two positions, in fact their first day was the day I brought the pulled pork in!
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
    edited September 2012

Time to light the egg
    ·
    edited September 2012
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    ·
    edited September 2012
    ·
    edited September 2012
    ·
    Sitting in the ER with hopefully a dislocated shoulder and not a broken arm. I may have had to much to drink last night
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,611
    This is very concerning. I hope the Butt is OK!
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    That stinks! I sure hope you didn't hurt your butt. (pun intended)
    ·
  • I need the story. How'd you go from smoking a butt and a glass of wine to the ER? Embellish/lie when the truth is boring if needed ;)
    Boom
    ·
    edited September 2012
    Still here in the ER. Dislocated and fractured shoulder. I've had
    Morphine, proponal, oxycodone, cat scan and the whole 9. I got up this morning around 6 to check the butt and it had been raining. I was heading up my patio steps and slipped. When I tried to catch myself that's when I dislocated and broke my shoulder. The butt is still on the egg. Somehow I think it has pushed through the stall by now!!!
    ·
  • This is the best forum! Food pr0n, drama, trolls and violent arm breaking!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    Stoker II wifi
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    I hope you have a quick recovery.  Maybe the rain choked out your fire and the butt has been sitting in a 140 degree egg waiting for you to get back.  You can always hope.  
    Just got home and pulled it off the grill which was an adventure. It was 210 degrees and doesn't look too bad. Have to call the orthopedic surgeon on Monday to schedule the surgery. The ER doc said it was the worse break he has ever seen to a humerous so this should be a fun surgery.Thank you guys for the well wishes. Time to take some oxycodone!!!! @chip - too funny and this is a great forum :))
    ·
  • Mike - hope you feel better soon!!
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    But the butt's alright, right? Maybe think about some 'rain tires' ? Get well soon!
    ·
  • bertscampersbertscampers Posts: 136
    edited September 2012
    Hey get better soon.  That just sucks but think about the story you will be able to tell.  It'll be worth a few drinks.
    ·