Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flanken Beef Short Ribs

Dave in Florida
Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Saw these at Sam's Club, didn't know what they were.  Got them because they were on sale and wife said you cook really good pork ribs, beef short ribs sound good. Think you can do these?   Indirect 250 dome with 4 chunks of oak and 2 of mesquite wood. Used Home BBQ.com Beef Rub and Lo and slo for 3 hours. Then foiled, added some apple juice, bump the temp to 300 for 45 minutes. Pulled out of the foil back onto the egg for 30 mins. Sauced with 50/50 mix of Blues Hog and Sonny Sweet sauce. Better than we expected.  The wife and I loved it! VERY tender, juicy and down right just good eating. Oh, and I grilled some white corn with DP Tsunami Spin that was very tasty also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• Those ribs have a yummy, sticky sauce look!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Oh man, these are my daughters' favorites. Actually, you can blaze the snot out of them (800 deg) in a Korean Bulgogi (sic) marinade and it's like eating meat candy.

Been eating these for years but the problem is that Sam's is one of the few places that carries them in bulk. I don't have a Sam's near me so I rely on relatives to get them for me.

I think I have 10lbs in my freezer.

Also, don't forget these are awesome to grind up with your burger meat. I use 80% chuck, 20% these ribs...

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating