Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Is 8.8 lbs enough

2»

Comments

• The Restaurant Depot carries RO in 20# bags for $7.99 but you need a member card.  That is the best deal around.  However, the only one near me is in Charlotte, 4 hours away.  I was 20 minutes from one of their outlets in Michigan.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • chrisnjennchrisnjenn Posts: 534
    edited September 2012

I re-read my post above.  I meant 20 pounds, not 40.

Restaurant Depot is one of my favorite stores.  I live halfway between Atlanta and Charlotte, so both locations are my nearest (about 2 hours away).  I stock up.  Membership is easy to get even if you don't have a business license (which they require).

• Woke up early this morning and trimmed some of the fat off.  Got an electric knife.  Where has that been all my life!  Then I discovered I didn't have any mustard, so I had this cajun garlic sauce that I rubbed each butt down with and then added generous amount of Dizzy's and rubbed it in.  Stuck them in plastic garbage bag and put back in the fridge.  My plan tomorrow is to inject the pork and then get some yellow mustard, spread it on and then add more Dizzy's/Slap yo mama dust on it.  Overkill?  ;)
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,502
    Overkill??? Personal preference-You may want to "overkill" one of the three.  You will certainly have great bark (and perhaps some garlic infused flavor (all good)) with what you have applied so far.  At least with the options, you can decide what works best for the next time. 
    Louisville