Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Any cigar smokers here?

2»

Comments

• JscottJscott Posts: 174
    Any box pressed cigar is extremely elegant and a great smoke too. My 2 favorites are the Padron 1964 and the Cube Libre.
    ·
  • Cohiba Esplendido and Rocky Patel Edge are my two favorites.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,783
    Jscott said:
    Any box pressed cigar is extremely elegant and a great smoke too. My 2 favorites are the Padron 1964 and the Cube Libre.
    Padron 1964- Good Cigar

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • I love Oliva V's for consistency and flavor.  Cubans have become too inconsistent -  when you get a good one they are incredible -  the other 80% of the time they are either fake or no better than Dominican and Nicaraquan.  Love big ring gages too!
    Oliva V's for me as well!  :-bd
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·
  • Rocky Patel - Edge Maduro

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

·
  • i have found some 1968 Macanudos to be nice, while watching the smoke billow from the egg...late night brisket cooking...
    ·
  • Just about any Robusto in a maduro wrapper!
    ·
  • Cold front coming to Texas tomorrow!  Picked me up a Rocky Patel - Sun Grown and a La Aroma.  BBQ Boot Camp in the morning!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct - Finally have a decent table!

Dallas, TX

·
  • This is my 2nd post after lurking for years AND it too is off topic.

"Anyone enjoy cigars?"

I wouldn't smoke them if I didn't enjoy them.

:-) sarcasm alert!

That said, I keep a humidor with Montecristo #1, #4, Especial #2 - To me, a perfect end to a weekend day is retiring to my hammock with my Kindle, one of the above and a beer(before 5) or a bourbon, or single malt (after 5).

Regarding inconsistencies -  a year or so in the humidor tends to 'round off' any rough edges. Seriously.

These are pretty much the only cigars I ever smoke. I probably smoke 2 per month between July and November when it's 'hammock weather' and maybe one every month or 6 weeks the rest of the year. Not a big smoker so the rather mild Montes are perfect for me.

·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,524
    Yes, I love Montecristo #2. Makes me want to jump in the car and go get a few.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • Picked up cigar smoking as new vice/ hobby last fall at a wedding.

Enjoyed a 5 Vegas (Cinco Vegas) this afternoon for the first time.  I'll be getting a few of these.

I have enjoyed several Rocky Patels.  I too use cigrbid.com to buy samplers and explore.

Here are my favorites:

1. San Lotano Oval - AJ Fernandez (amazing!)

2. San Lotano Habano - AJ Fernandez

BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
    ·