Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pickle lovers gotta try these

Options
2»

Comments

• inkyon
    Options
    Definitely will check it out
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    I've  got an LL Bean cookbook from years ago that has pickling recipes. We use it as a guide and tweak the recipes either to  our likings or the ingredients on hand.
    :)>-
  • OLD NORTH STATE BBQ CO.
    edited September 2012
    Options

You guys should consider making your own.  Pretty easy. I figure I may have a $1 in each jar.

We are going to attempt our own version of wickles in a few weeks. I am thinking they are basically bread and butter pickles with a lot of garlic and a couple of different hot peppers added for heat.

BTW, those are dill's right? They look great.

Yep dill pickles. /12 cups water /4 cups vinegar /Fresh dill /Elephant garlic /2/3 cups pickling salt /Fresh jalapeño /Cherry pepper for color /And a lot of fresh cucumbers.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Pickled for the second time 2 weeks ago only got enough for 6 of the large jars though. Recipe from YouTube, stuffed in some peppers,garlic, slice onion and other stuff. I think the season for the little cucs is over so might not get more done.
    Seattle, WA
  • Mayberry
    Options
    Wickles are really good. For anyone that lives near Athens, GA, or is even a big UGA fan, a local Athens company, Phickles Pickle Company, does a great job. They have some of the best pickled okra I've ever had. If you ever run across them, give them a chance
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590