Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pickle lovers gotta try these

2»

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,277
    'The Joy of Pickling' by Linda Ziedrich is an excellent starter book...tons of good info and recipes.
    I have that book.  Lots of recipes and discussion where you can learn the basics to where you don't need no steeenkin' recipes.

·
  • Definitely will check it out
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,163
    I've  got an LL Bean cookbook from years ago that has pickling recipes. We use it as a guide and tweak the recipes either to  our likings or the ingredients on hand.
    :)>-
    ·
  • edited September 2012

You guys should consider making your own.  Pretty easy. I figure I may have a $1 in each jar.

We are going to attempt our own version of wickles in a few weeks. I am thinking they are basically bread and butter pickles with a lot of garlic and a couple of different hot peppers added for heat.

BTW, those are dill's right? They look great.

Yep dill pickles. /12 cups water /4 cups vinegar /Fresh dill /Elephant garlic /2/3 cups pickling salt /Fresh jalapeño /Cherry pepper for color /And a lot of fresh cucumbers.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,666
    edited September 2012
    Pickled for the second time 2 weeks ago only got enough for 6 of the large jars though. Recipe from YouTube, stuffed in some peppers,garlic, slice onion and other stuff. I think the season for the little cucs is over so might not get more done.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Wickles are really good. For anyone that lives near Athens, GA, or is even a big UGA fan, a local Athens company, Phickles Pickle Company, does a great job. They have some of the best pickled okra I've ever had. If you ever run across them, give them a chance
    Athens, GA
    ·