Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any differnt Wing recipes?

robnybbq
robnybbq Posts: 1,911
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I am making some Cajun/Buffalo wings for this Sundays football tailgate in advance but would also like some other wing ideas for the egg.  Like a sweet/spicy (Thai?).  Or Plain good ole BBQ?  Any ideas?  The buffalo style wings will be done indirect so I need the other wings to be cooked the same way just looking for rub/sauce ideas.

Garnerville, NY

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    edited September 2012

Check out the below thread-Duganboy had great successes with cazzy's and Doc's wings.

Need Killer Wing Recipe for Eggfest  .  If that doesn't work-use google and with "big green egg" in the header-add "cazzy's wings" and that should get you going.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • We do a hidden valley ranch, very good tasting but no heat unless you add some. You can do a google search and find many recipes and just pick one and eggsperiment.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    I do 1/2 cup Crystal hot sauce or you could use any hot sauce and 1 1/2 cups of honey with about a tsp of ground ginger. Simmer in a sauce pan for about 15 minutes. This goes great with the smoke flavor the wings pick up from the egg. Sometimes I dust the wings with dizzy dust. I do wings at 250 dome temperature on a raised grid for 2 hours or until the skin gets crispy.
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    The other day did wings direct on raised grid at 400 coated with Dizzy Dust and sprayed with canola oil.turned in 20 minutes and sauced with Bone Sucking Sauce. Very good!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • Tandoori wings are awesome. Just buy a tandoori masala or paste. If you are using a paste, brush on when the wings are crispy

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited September 2012

Butt Rub direct / raised at 400 and last 10 min Bone Sucking Sauce on half.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

For some reason could not add pic's to above:

imageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.