Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pickle lovers gotta try these

BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
These were recommended by a friend and they were quite tasty! Highly recommended.
wickles.JPG 496.2K
·

Comments

• Where did you get them. Looks like something I would like.
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,272
    Thanks, I LOVE pickles!  (and chiles!)

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,169

I have been buying them from a hardware store that carries them near us. I love them and everyone who has tried them seems to like them. Me and a friend of mine who do a lot of canning are going to try and reverse engineer them this fall.

·
  • they have them at cracker barrel

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    They also make a great hot pepper relish.
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    @mikeb9550 I got them from Reading China and Glass. I believe RC&G is run by Kitchen and Co.
    ·
  • Brownie,

Thanks for giving this product a shout-out. They are made locally here in Alabama. Good people and their pickles/relish are delicious.

Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • I was introduced to Wickles a few days ago. I was in Publix to purchase bread and butter pickles to serve with pork belly sliders. I was looking at the buy one get one free pickles when three people actually came up to me and recommended the Wickles. I served the B&B pickles at the party but bought the Wickles to try later. I did not give the Wickles a try until after the party. That is a shame because I should have served them on my sliders. They are amazing!
    ·
  • Wickles are very good. I have found them at wal-mart. They also have a pepper ring variety.
    ·
  • Thanks for the tip!
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    My buddies buddy was working in SC and brought back a jar as a gift for him (we live in PA). All I heard about was how great these wickles were.. Blah blah blah.. (were quite abusive to each other but all in good fun) So finally he ran out of his jar of pickles and cried about how he needed to find them and that he wanted to order some online..
    About four weeks past and he started about these wickles again. Just then it dawned on me that I was looking at them at RC&G. I asked him to send me a pic. He was begging me to get him some the next time I went shopping there. So when I went to buy a meat slicer this week I figured I'd get three jars of wickles as well for Skip.    
    When I got home curiosity got the best of me so I opened up one of his jars... Lets just say he's lucky he got any...  :D
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    edited September 2012
    wife was out with our to younger kids school shopping i asked her if she found them to get some . she found them and they are really good .Thanks Brownie 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • I think I will have to order these on-line have never seen here in INDY.  boo
    ·
    I think I will have to order these on-line have never seen here in INDY.  boo
    Try walmart thats where my wife found them at the very least your have a few laughs 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • Ok, I might brave the wal-mart or as my kids call it Wal-fart! if they have the pickles!!  
    ·
    i go there for RO in the garden center door and back out lol more scary-mart by me 
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,272
    ccpoulin1 said:
    they have them at cracker barrel
    Thank you!  I refuse to step foot into a walmart again, glad I can get them locally!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • They also have sweet pickled jalapenos.  I can't get enough of them. 
    ·
  • AUWAGAUWAG Posts: 73
    I live in Auburn, AL and they were started by a local family in the Waverly/Lake Martin area. They are very good and I highly recommend them. They are sold in a lot of stores nationwide.

·
  • Nice, ill have to try en
    ·
  • Cracker Barrel carries Wickles.  They are very good. 
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Walmart doesn't carry them as far as I know. Publix has them here in Sav. Ga. They are AWESOME. I don't buy any other relish/pickle/hot pepper spread. I have been eating them for years!
    ·
  • edited September 2012

You guys should consider making your own.  Pretty easy. I figure I may have a $1 in each jar.

Pickles.JPG 84.4K

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,169
    edited September 2012

You guys should consider making your own.  Pretty easy. I figure I may have a $1 in each jar.

We are going to attempt our own version of wickles in a few weeks. I am thinking they are basically bread and butter pickles with a lot of garlic and a couple of different hot peppers added for heat.

BTW, those are dill's right? They look great.

·
  • I use this recipe for fire and ice pickles.  Easy and really good.

Ingredients

• 2 jars (32 ounces each) dill pickle slices or spears
    • 4 cups sugar
    • 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
    • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    • 3 garlic cloves, peeled

Directions:

Drain and discard juice from pickles. In a large bowl, combine pickles, sugar, pepper sauce and pepper flakes; mix well. Cover and let stand 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Spoon pickle mixture into 3 pint-size jars; add a garlic clove to each. Cover and refrigerate 1 week before serving. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 pints.http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Fire-and-Ice-Pickles
    ·
  • You haven't had tuna salad until you've had it made with Wickles!!!!!
    HOTTY TODDY!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    In this part of the world HEB / Central Market has them as well. All the types are very good.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • We are going to attempt our own version of wickles in a few weeks. I am thinking they are basically bread and butter pickles with a lot of garlic and a couple of different hot peppers added for heat.

I hope you will post your results along with a recipe.
    ·
  • Always wanted to try it homemade so can anybody make a great suggestion to the website or book to buy about this?
    ·
  • 'The Joy of Pickling' by Linda Ziedrich is an excellent starter book...tons of good info and recipes.
    ·