Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where do you buy you meat in Ga.

Options
GreenEggAndMan
GreenEggAndMan Posts: 53
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Any time I'm preparing for a cook on the BGE I load the wife and kids and head down Ponce for a visit to the Dekalb Farmers Market. Tonight I found myself scouring Google for Atlanta's best meat markets and I have stumbled across a few that are supposed to be worth taking a little extra time out for. The first is Patak Meat Products Inc. in Austell, from the ratings, reviews and customer pictures I will definitely be making the trip to this sausage haven soon. The other I found was Pine Street Market in Avondale Estates who specialize in handmade salami, bacon and sausage. Both seem extremely appealing and I was just curious if any of you have tried either of these markets or if any of you would be able to make a recommendation from one egghead to another.

Comments

• Golfanatic
    Options
    I have heard of this from a co worker and he said its a must go to spot for meat. Great prices and highest quality. I want to go this weekend.
  • BGElovr
    Options

I like Patton's here in Duluth.

http://pattonsmeatmarket.com/

• Lowflyer
    Options
    I like The Butcher's Market on 92 in Woodstock, 1/2 mile from the house.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Options
    I like the Cajun Meat Company in Marietta. Not a true butcher shop but their turduckens and stuffed chickens are out of this world...especially on the BGE.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    @Lowflyer- I really like this place as well.  I'm over off East Cherokee so this is not too far from me.  It is a little $$, but I suppose any specialty butcher is.   I have noticed that the Brisket is $4.99/lb...but it's the only place I have seen that sells a whole brisket.  I think at Costco they are around $2.50 to $3 per lb but you can only get a flat.   They have hanger steak which is hard to come by 'round us and is not too bad at $7.99 a lb.  

@Eggbertsdad - This is definitely a cool place.  I have only tried the crawfish stuffed chicken and it was really good and pretty unique.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options

Patak's is great but expect to wait if you can only go on the weekends.

Patton's is high quality.

Restaurant Depot is where we get the majority of our meats. Great prices. You have to trim them yourself.

Costco also has great prices compared to other markets.

• GreenEggAndMan
    Options
    I may have to make a trip to a few of these, each of your suggestions have something specific that would draw me to each of them. About this crawfish stuffed chicked, boy do i need to get my hands on one of these!