Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Am I sick? Do I need help?

Baysidebob
Baysidebob Posts: 489
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
On the holiday Monday we only expected one grandson and son-in-law. I kept it simple and did a tri-tip roast style. Came out great and we sent them home with lots of food. I got a couple hundred pint and quart containers like you get in Chinese restaurants (without wires) because since it’s just the two of us we always have more than we can eat. Yesterday I decided to dispose of a 10 pound cured ham the wife got on sale I-don’t-know-when that has been taking space in the freezer. Wife did a honey-mustard glaze and in 4 hours plus it came out great. We could only eat so much so daughter came over today for most of what was left. Today it was off to Wally-World for some lump. Across the road at Costco was beer, wine and low and behold: quarter pound hot dogs. We have leftover chili the wife hade made. So tonight it was chili cheese dogs. I took a loooong time bringing it up to temp. Three beers worth for two humble dogs. Got the grate hot and pulled said grate off to toss in some apple chips to smoke as I put on the dogs. I don’t know if they did anything for the flavor but I like watching the smoke more than I liked watching the topless dancers on San Francisco’s Broadway 40 years ago. John 21:9 ESV has Jesus cooking fish on the beach over charcoal. That was a couple thousand years ago. I am totally convinced that when I cross the river He’ll be there with a Big Green Egg fired up and waiting for me. Am I crazy?imageimage
My actuary says I'm dead.

Comments