Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

White meat king salmon

burr_baby33
burr_baby33 Posts: 503
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

Just returned from my 12th fishing trip to Alaska. In all my previous trips I never knew about king salmon with white flesh. Most of the salmon our group caught were silver salmon  (coho) but we did catch 4 king salmon. The man cleaning and processing our fish told me that one of our kings had white flesh and the different color has something with the fish's diet.  I googled it and found that somewhere between 1 and 5 % of king salmon have the white flesh.  Anyhow I found a couple white fillets in my boxes and they will be dinner on the egg tomorrow night.  My wife and I came home with 300 pounds of salmon, halibut, yellow eye and ling cod fillets.  Wild caught Alaskan salmon, flash frozen within hours after being caught just can not be beat. I just bought a 20 pound bag of alder chunks, I'm ready.

Comments