Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

White meat king salmon

burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 501
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

Just returned from my 12th fishing trip to Alaska. In all my previous trips I never knew about king salmon with white flesh. Most of the salmon our group caught were silver salmon  (coho) but we did catch 4 king salmon. The man cleaning and processing our fish told me that one of our kings had white flesh and the different color has something with the fish's diet.  I googled it and found that somewhere between 1 and 5 % of king salmon have the white flesh.  Anyhow I found a couple white fillets in my boxes and they will be dinner on the egg tomorrow night.  My wife and I came home with 300 pounds of salmon, halibut, yellow eye and ling cod fillets.  Wild caught Alaskan salmon, flash frozen within hours after being caught just can not be beat. I just bought a 20 pound bag of alder chunks, I'm ready.

Comments