Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

A little Latin Flavor

TonyATonyA Posts: 566
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I remember I was excited to see someone else on here eating pulled pork with arepas; we do it a lot. It puts a different twist on pernil although I do suggest everyone try traditional preparation at some point.

We cook our arepas on a cast iron skillet with no additional oil. The exterior gets a crispy char that pairs well with barbecued pork.

The sauce here is kind of a fire roasted sofrito emulsion. Then a little cilantro and lime.

Hard to call this leftovers ...
IMAG0203.jpg 294.8K
·

Comments

• Forgive me but please explain.. arepas? Looks very good and I would love to try it. Do you mean the wrap/brad item?
    ·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    Yeah, sorry about that. They are pretty much fine cornmeal and water. My wife is half Colombian so they are a staple in my house. We wonder if they would be an acquired taste but we love them.
    ·
  • Looking good man!  I had some pulled pork patacones on Saturday. 
    ·
  • TonyA said:
    Yeah, sorry about that. They are pretty much fine cornmeal and water. My wife is half Colombian so they are a staple in my house. We wonder if they would be an acquired taste but we love them.

I bet they are wonderful, thank you.
    ·