Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

different egg sites

Options
alfredo
alfredo Posts: 10
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
which came first the egghead forum. c o m 
OR
greeneggers. c o m ????

what is the difference of the two and why? i was told eggers was established after the BGE company was sold? 
and can anyone give an unbiased opinion? lol
From da Lakefront brah!

Comments

• Salty Hogs BBQ
    Options
    Raise your hands party people. Where my party, pa’ party party pa’ party people at? Where my party, pa’ party party pa’ party people at?
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Egghead forum was there first.  It was run by the Miller family for many many years.  It got a little support from the BGE company, but essentially was primarily run by the Miller family. The BGE company was not sold.  As I understand it Ed Fisher brought in some new people to change things and one of those things was BGE took over the forum and the Eggheadforum domain, and turned it into this.  Greeneggers.com was then created to keep the original forum going. 
    The Naked Whiz
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    What I know-and I don't claim to know much-eggheadforum.com forum has been around for many years (don't know longevity) and may have had some corporate support but run mainly by independents who were serious eggers.  About 13-15 months ago there was a BGE corporate restructuring that led to the creation of the current egghead forum.  There were quite a few members of the original egghead forum that did not want to be associated with the new forum.  So, greeneggers.com was born.  It is independently run and funded.  Beyond that there are several who visit and post on both with much more insight than the above.  Hopefully they will be along to clarify.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    lousubcap, the original BGE forum had been around for a number of years in 2001 when I first joined.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Philicious
    Options
    Alfredo - you need to check your sources.
    Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
  • travisstrick
    Options
    The other place is like fight club. It's best to not talk about it. Some of the members on this forum get their panties in a huge wad when you talk about the other place. 

When I was brand new to this forum, I made a comment about this forum vs that one regarding user interface and which one I thought was best. Some of the people on here behaved as though I had sexually assaulted their mother. BGE mercifully deleted the whole thread. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    You can visit both sites/forums, in fact many members use the same tags on both sites. The perspective of the green eggers forum is they are the original, even though it was established after this forum. The reasoning is that it is not monitored by BGE. 
    I find this forum more useful. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    Hmmm, I just went to that site and it looks like the original egghead forum when I joined a few years ago. Now I know why my original password didn't work any more. I did not know any of this had taken place.
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    Well I'll be egged, don't I feel like the pork butt. Went back to the other site and logged on using my original name and password. You really can learn something on these sites, haha.
  • alfredo
    Options
    Alfredo - you need to check your sources.
    seriously?
    From da Lakefront brah!
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options

Was on the other forum (now greeneggers) before this one started...learned a lot of stuff over there too.  Some migrated to this site, some stayed with the old one.  Other than my opinion that this forum is more user friendly, I would suggest you try them out for yourself.  Great info on both sites...but as stated - there does appear to be some sort of "holy" war between the forums and some members.

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Here's what I mentioned to my wife today. This site, which I consider the "new" site, now draws in more new Eggheads, or at least new Egg users, than the other one.  The "other" site continues to have posts from people who have been Egging for years. Many have shared Eggfests w. each other. There's lots of old friends there.

There are skilled cooks here, and there are skilled cooks there. I like the old place 'cause its like a well worn shoe. Not so fast or slick, but oh so comfortable. I like this site because its a bit easier to use, and I'm always glad to learn how to use my Eggs better.

Visit both, they have a common root of people who love good cooked food.

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    You can visit both sites/forums, in fact many members use the same tags on both sites. The perspective of the green eggers forum is they are the original, even though it was established after this forum. The reasoning is that it is not monitored by BGE. 
    I find this forum more useful. 
    Err, that forum is indeed the original forum.  It has been around since well before 2001.  They were forced to give up the eggheadforum.com domain to BGE and switched to the current domain as a result. 
    The Naked Whiz
  • Philicious
    Options
    Why the long face, my brother Alfredo? What's in Dallas anyway?
    Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
  • Dr. Strangelove
    Options
    I've been on or the other since 1999, sometimes I may take a year or two off from posting, but I'm still here.  It's been fun to watch the forum grow from being one where you recognized every poster to what it is now, but of course that changes the feel and culture of the board.  There have been several rifts and splits over the years, sort of like a church growing and some members being unhappy with the new direction, so they go and start their own. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I'm on both and I will say that there is a lot more activity here on this one and a lot more new members. Seems like this site has new members join every day, not so much on the older one. Explore 'em both, see which one you like better, or post on both of them.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I like the set up of this site much better.  The other forum is harder to navigate
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    the older site is the greeneggers forum which was the origional egghead forum. even most of this sites archives came from the other site.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • gee
    gee Posts: 71
    Options
    I use both. Great info on both just don't mention one site on the other.
    Who cares I'll post where I want
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Both forums have excellent people and excellent cooks.  A majority of the active members on the other forum are very close friends, having attended a lot of eggfests together and often visiting each other's homes.  They even call themselves "family".

As for me, I just enjoy the format of this forum and the overall atmosphere better.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

Both forums have a place and have very good people in them posting outstanding Egged food. I recommend using both as you will pick up many more food ideas that way. Bet at max only 10 to 15% double posting (the posting on both forums at the same time). This is what we do: cook BGE FOOD. So why not have  more than one way to do it and find ideas.

Bet you don't just read one cooking book/mag or just one car mag or just one gun mag......

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.