Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Boston Butt - Reheating advice

scsilasscsilas Posts: 11
edited September 2012 in Pork

Cooked a 10lb butt all day yesterday for a party later today.  Pulled it off at 190, let it rest an hour or so, pulled it (texture was awesome!). wrapped it in tinfoil, and put it in the fridge.

Need to reheat it to serve, any advice?

·

Comments

• DMurfDMurf Posts: 479
    Reheat in a crock-pot with some beef or chicken stock, I would not use BBQ sauce as I like to let individuals sauce their own BBQ. 
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
  • I also use a crok pot and add some apple juice - water - dark vinergar for moisture.
    LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
    ·
  • +1 on the Apple juice.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,407
    If the crock pot is not big enough, a Nesco roaster works well also. Agree on the apple juice for moisture.
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    +1 on the apple juice and the nesco roaster is great have 3 different sizes 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • dr. pepper or coke - (not diet) works better than anything I have ever tried.
    ·