Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's the best method for wet baby back ribs?

Options
jojobugay
jojobugay Posts: 28
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Looking for recommendation on the best method for wet baby back ribs. I've done dry ribs with 225 dome temp for 5 hours indirect. Looking to try wet ribs tomorrow. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Not to over-simplify things...but you could do it the same way and then just slap on some sauce for 20-30 minutes at the end of the cook ;)

If you are looking for more moisture you could try something like this method:

It turns out great results, but just be careful not to overdo the foil stage.  IMO, 90 minutes at 275 is pushing it...I do more like 60-75 min at 275ish.  I thought it looked a little on the sweet side for my taste, so I don't use as much honey and brown sugar and I finish with a sauce that is not too sweet like Stubbs. 

Note that some refer to the foil stage as the "Texas crutch".  I've done St Louis style with no foil and they turned out great...so my next BB cook I am going to try sans foil:
    Rub em, smoke em til their done, slap on sauce. 

Good luck!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    +1 with SmokeyPitt's suggestion about sauce during the home stretch...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    edited September 2012
    Options
    here is car wash mikes recipe. He was a legend here with his ribs. Ive made them several time and love them.

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2002/06/baby-back-rib-class.html
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • Lowflyer
    Options
    Foiled for the 4th hour w/ butter, brown sugar, and a lil honey. Then unfoiled and sauced the last hour. Turned out great. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos