Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What to do with leftover ribs.

BaysidebobBaysidebob Posts: 489
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

So the 19 year-old grandson stops by and he's hungry as usual.  I could microwave yesterday's ribs.  Meh.  Wife whips up a pot of rice and I ready the egg.

No fool-around time with the wok.  Gotta have it lined up and within reach.

Veggies, then meat, egg and rice after that are too busy to take pics.

It got pounced on as soon as it came off and the little bit left went home with grandson.

My actuary says I'm dead.
·

Comments

• Great plan.

I don't know about all of you, but I never microwave ribs, they come out terrible. For my money a well cooked rib is like pizza, better cold the next morning than ever in the microwave...
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • UrbanEggUrbanEgg Posts: 34
    edited September 2012
    Whenever I make ribs, I do so with the intent that I will have some the next day. I love 'em cold. Nice infused favors and the dynamic will change but still one of my favorite leftover foods. I never microwave ribs.
    ·
  • I agree on the microwave. I put in oven the way we used to reheat leftovers before the radar range
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,807
    Great plan.

I don't know about all of you, but I never microwave ribs, they come out terrible. For my money a well cooked rib is like pizza, better cold the next morning than ever in the microwave...

Yep + 1
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • I don't understand the question. Just take them out of the refrigerator and eat them.

Tim
    ·
  • I like the idea of using them in a stir fry. But also agree with the others, eat them out of the fridge. Something else I used to do was to reheat them in a bath of BBQ sauce, low and slow.
    Simi Valley, California
    ·
  • My leftover Q never sees the inside of a microwave.  Ribs, chicken whatever.  Wilma usually repurposes them into spaghetti or a stir-fry or caserole.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,265
    We never manage to have leftover ribs- even my 18 month old eats them
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    Put them in some foil and heat at 300 for about 15 mins.  They are just like when you took them off the BGE.
    ·
  • Sorry friends, I must be a sinner. I nuke em. 1 minute is all it takes and they don't dry out. Cold also works well for me too.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,887
    Agree with Wolfpack:  "leftover ribs"???   :-O

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·